Midweek football 8/11 April

andykeenan

It always bugged me how Friedel never saved penalties. To not save a single one out of 20 is pretty shocking. Can't really use a pre-season friendly as an example either

He reminds me of Shilton in 1990, never got near them. 

Whilst I agree, it was frustrating, why can't you count a pre season friendly? It's still a penalty.

I suppose. But it's that kind of logic that Pele used to say he scored a thousand goals.

He actually was the only keeper to save a Frank Lebouef penalty I think. He definitely had it in him once

Friedel just seems to be one of those keepers that tries to see where the penalty is going before he dives, as opposed to guessing like most keepers.

Seldom works.

Really enjoyed watching Everton tonight. That's honestly the first time I have enjoyed watching them in about 4 years. 

Horrid team usually, just boot everyone and choke out results. Would love to have a Villa side as effective as there's mind!

its really all down to Moyes though. He is a brilliant manager and has took chances on players that were unproven or unwanted like Jagielka, Pienaar, Coleman and Howard etc and gelled them into a very good team

only UNited and City have lost less games this season

Â