Midweek football 8/11 April

andykeenan

I was watching a day in the NHS on BBC 2 because I thought the Madrid game was over, with them being 4-0 up on aggregate.  I then saw the score online (3-1) and I was gutted I had turned over. Oh well s**t happens.

My brother watched the 1st half of the Real Galatasaray game but switched over at half time missing the 3 Galatasaray goals. When it went 3-1 I text him telling him about it and he switched over missing the late Dortmund comeback. When he heard about the comeback, he switch over and missed the final Real Goal!

Serves him right for having sky :D

My brother watched the 1st half of the Real Galatasaray game but switched over at half time missing the 3 Galatasaray goals. When it went 3-1 I text him telling him about it and he switched over missing the late Dortmund comeback. When he heard about the comeback, he switch over and missed the final Real Goal!

Serves him right for having sky :D

Old chinese proverb:

"Wise man sky plus"

• Like 2

made my mind up on Dortmund. They are a good team but they will probably look out of their depth in semi-finals. Malaga are a pretty average and aging team and they struggled badly over 2 legs and last 2 goals were jsut hit and hopes into the box 

I know they beat Real earlier but that was a different Madrid team than now especially after last night near-collapse

I dunno, at times over the 2 legs it reminded me of chelsea vs barca, where people saw the result and said "barca arent actually that good" ignoring the fact that they missed chance after chance

dortmund last night werent at 100% but over the 2 legs they missed an almost silly number of chances, another night, even another keeper and they could have been 4-0 up in the 1st half of the 1st leg, should have scored 2 before malaga got their 2nd last night

i love them too, i think last night tipped the balance into going to see them rather than barca again for my 30th next year, i did like before the game Jeff asking hamann / reidle if their stars would join the prem in the summer and they simply said why would they

Because the wages are significantly higher in England would be the obvious way to answer that question.

am surprised Jeff didnt say as they get to play in the best league in the world ;)

I love Jurgen Klopp's Dortmund #hipster

Isn't that a bit like an American saying they have decided to support Arsenal because they don't want to be seen as a glory hunter?   ;)

Because the wages are significantly higher in England would be the obvious way to answer that question.

maybe ze germans dont nearly crash their cars when they only get offered £70k a week? or be happy getting that extra £20k a week to play out of position as a sub once every 3 games

Maybe, maybe not.  But some of the players will get better offers from richer clubs. Maybe Bayern will take one or two and once they leave the team could break up. It happened to Leverkusen about ten years ago.  Football is structured to ensure the survival of the fattest. 

yeah strangely i think bayern will keep dortmund going for the next 2/3 years, klopp especially, the way they smashed everyone this year and then pep thrown in next year, think its a great way of testing yourself in a league that suddenly / finally is getting a lot of attention

hopefully gotze, reus, gundogan etc and hummels (linked to barca more than once) plus also the likes of draxler and ter stegen (also heavily linked to barca) will all stay rather than chase a pay day, plenty of time for that

Â