If You Could Bring Back 3 Players

conorm

McGrath, Laursen and Milner.

I'd love it if Milner fancied a move in the summer. He'd be the perfect midfield anchor.

Couldn't have put it any better myself, if I could have one more it would be Gary Shaw.

I could name loads but for what we need for the team now I would say McGrath for the defense, Barry in midfield (always thought he was a great midfielder) and Merson for a bit more creativity because in Benteke, Gabby, Andi and Bent we have really good strikers.  Ideally I would want a left back as well, probably Steve Staunton.

McGrath - no reasons needed

The second question is whether or not I could bring myself to have Platt back - he's often been a prize prick since leaving us and the manner of his departure hardly endears him to the Villa heart... but on the other hand, oh for his goals from midfield, those seemingly impossible to mark runs into the box, his movement from set pieces... all things our current team badly lacks

So... either Platt or... hmmm since I've set my sights on a goal-scoring midfielder... perhaps Merson. Such an exciting and entertaining player to watch.

And the third:

Shaw - the thought of him and Tekkers together up front is just too awesome to pass up

Brian Little, Gordon Cowans

McGrath - no reasons needed

The second question is whether or not I could bring myself to have Platt back - he's often been a prize prick since leaving us and the manner of his departure hardly endears him to the Villa heart... but on the other hand, oh for his goals from midfield, those seemingly impossible to mark runs into the box, his movement from set pieces... all things our current team badly lacks

So... either Platt or... hmmm since I've set my sights on a goal-scoring midfielder... perhaps Merson. Such an exciting and entertaining player to watch.

And the third:

Shaw - the thought of him and Tekkers together up front is just too awesome to pass up

Yes Shaw before the knee injury at Forest, not a lot of pace but he had a superb touch. Brian Little was superb before his knees finished his career. Platt he's been a bit of a prick since but we'll never see a goal scoring midfield player like him again. Never given the credit he deserves for his England performances. Lampard has just surpassed his goals tally but hes played about 40 more games. Although he's never said anything good about Villa although we launched his career.

Keeping it recent;

Ashley Young - Best attacking wide player we've had in a while. Scores and creates goals.

James Milner - Anchored in the middle would immediately improve our midfield. Deep lying playmaker much?

Martin Laursen - Him and Vlaar would be ace. 2 no nonsense CBs.

Dalian Atkinson who was Ron Atkinsons son.

At least thats what my family told my brother until he was old enough to know better

You are Karren Brady's offspring and I claim my prize :)

Â