Midweek Football 2,3,4 April

maqroll

Really enjoying the PSG-Barca match. David Beckham has passed the ball flawlessly, PSG defended very well until the inevitable Messi breakthrough. 0-1 at the half, but it looks like Messi will be substituted do to an injury that doesn't look too bad.

So nice that this is not Chelsea v Liverpool.

On a side note, PSG were established in 1970, incredibly late for a big European club in a massive European city. Did Paris have a club at all prior to PSG? And if so, what the poop happened to them?

agree they are not really as great to watch as some people make out and a team of horrible little cheats(though Franck Ribery is slowly moving up that list), slightly better than Spain though as they do score goals.

dont really help with their Sunny Delight jersey either

Edited by Zatman

I absolutely despise PSG so hopefully the great Barca tonk them in the second leg. 

in fairness I wouldnt be a fan of PSG either but they are not as repulsive as Chelsea or Man City yet in the rich club stakes.

though if ITV keep wanking over Beckham I might even cheer for Barca in next game 

People really saying the penalty was a dive?!

He was definitely looking for it, but that doesn't make it not a penalty. Looking for a penalty isn't cheating. Absolutely stonewall.

did look a dive in live action but was a definite penalty even I will admit that. Sirigu should actually be fined by the club for making a stupid tackle as it was just idiotic decision

I was in a car for the entire duration of the games last night so I've only just seen the goals now. 

ibtQ0dx5QaZfQ0.gif

I think it's fair to say that was quite a decent ball in from Alves to Messi, isn't it? 

Edited by The_Rev

Yeah it was a beauty.

Thought to myself when it went in "I bet Twitter will be raving about that pass" and then went on to see about 50 tweets doing just that.

Deservedly so, lovely ball in.

On a side note, PSG were established in 1970, incredibly late for a big European club in a massive European city. Did Paris have a club at all prior to PSG? And if so, what the poop happened to them?

It's an odd thing to say considering that Paris is always mentioned in the same breath as London and New York in the list of truly "great" cities, but it's a bit of a crap town for sports isn't it?  

Â