Sunderland

Richard

Kevin Phillips played for every Midlands club before he retired and now assistant manager at East Mids Derby...could be pretty settled in the Midlands? Obviously would have to move at some point to further a managerial career but could be a factor. I saw him in a pub once - maybe the Fox & Hounds in Shenstone..

Lambert would keep them up. 

There are probably a few names wanting this job. If I were Giggs, I'd apply. All he has to do is keep them up, then walk at the end of the season and he will be deemed a success. 

Sherwood would be a disaster at Sunderland. They aren't a squad that has quality and are just down on themselves. They need a real manager. 

19 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

There are probably a few names wanting this job. If I were Giggs, I'd apply. All he has to do is keep them up, then walk at the end of the season and he will be deemed a success. 

Sherwood would be a disaster at Sunderland. They aren't a squad that has quality and are just down on themselves. They need a real manager. 

Agree with all of that. When i see the group managers they have aa favourites it makes me think how shit are the options? 

If i was them id ask ipswich for permission to speak to McCarthy.  He woukd keep them up and very experienced.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Doubt it.

He kept Wolves and Blackburn up just last two seasons but neither were anywhere near in as bad a state as Sunderland are or as low in the table.

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree with all of that. When i see the group managers they have aa favourites it makes me think how shit are the options? 

If i was them id ask ipswich for permission to speak to McCarthy.  He woukd keep them up and very experienced.

Big Mick's already his fix of long winless runs at Sunderland I think...

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Lambert has no motivational skills and what they need now to get couple results as while not much talent the players are broken

Like wolves double relegation all over

19 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Good payday for Grayson that.

On to the next car crash of a manager. What is it this time? I think full circle back to a mad italian bastard and signing 14 overseas players for 67p.

Ker-ching for Grayson

Roy Keane actually did a decent job on the whole, got them up and kept them up but he had the MON tendency to blow big transfer fees on mediocre British/Irish players like Anton Ferdinand and Andy Reid.

MON did a very average job there. Steve Bruce was actually doing well and had a built a decent team but they lost Darren Bent, Asamoh Gyan and Welbeck all within six months of each other and I don't think they ever recovered from that.

Weren't they 7th in the premier league when we signed Bent?

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Roy Keane actually did a decent job on the whole, got them up and kept them up but he had the MON tendency to blow big transfer fees on mediocre British/Irish players like Anton Ferdinand and Andy Reid.

MON did a very average job there. Steve Bruce was actually doing well and had a built a decent team but they lost Darren Bent, Asamoh Gyan and Welbeck all within six months of each other and I don't think they ever recovered from that.

Weren't they 7th in the premier league when we signed Bent?

Something like that. They've basically been on a downward spiral ever since then.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Did mon do a mon sign a load of average older players for bigish fees with no resale value?

Yes.

He signed Steven Fletcher for £14m (at a time when that was a shit load of money), which is probably the most MON transfer of all time.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes.

He signed Steven Fletcher for £14m (at a time when that was a shit load of money), which is probably the most MON transfer of all time.

Nothing changes then. Id never take that cretin back after what he did to us 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes.

And Danny graham for £7 million, and £120k a week combined on 4 year deals and both left on free transfers

• Like 1

Date Pos. Name From Fee
24 May 2013 FW EnglandDuncan Watmore EnglandAltrincham Undisclosed
19 June 2013 FW Sweden David Moberg Karlsson Sweden IFK Göteborg £1.5 million
1 July 2013 DF FranceModibo Diakité Italy Lazio Free
1 July 2013 DF FranceValentin Roberge Portugal Marítimo Free
1 July 2013 MF Cape Verde Cabral Switzerland Basel Free
2 July 2013 GK Italy Vito Mannone England Arsenal £2,000,000
8 July 2013 ST United States Jozy Altidore Netherlands AZ £6,000,000
10 July 2013 MF France El-Hadji Ba France Le Havre £300,000
16 July 2013 MF ItalyEmanuele Giaccherini Italy Juventus £6,500,000
12 August 2013 DF Czech Republic Ondřej Čelůstka TurkeyTrabzonspor Loan