Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

It's ballsy. It says we aren't prepared to go looking for a draw. It takes some of the pressure off us, because all you can do with that formation is attack, it has the potential to make Lambert look an idiot, it has the potential to make this afternoon all sorts of madness. I like it. I'm not sure it's a good idea.

It's ballsy for sure..and I highly Doubt Pullis was expecting it so that could work in our favour

Hmmmm, I wonder if we can beat Stoke?

Bannan isn't on the bench either.

Best decision ever!

I think we have only won once without bannan playing which is an amazing stat!

To be fair we've only won about once with Bannan starting also. We don't win.

Squeaky bum time.

So, do we think it'll be Weimann down the right, Gabby down the left and Bowery and Benteke through the middle?

If it is then I think Bowery takes some of the physical pressure off Benteke and makes it harder for Stoke to gang up on him.

Would have preferred us picking Nzogbia, Holman or Bent if we wanted the extra attacked but i'm guesing Bowery is there for defending set pieces as well.

He played this same lineup against Stoke last time IIRC.

So, do we think it'll be Weimann down the right, Gabby down the left and Bowery and Benteke through the middle?

If it is then I think Bowery takes some of the physical pressure off Benteke and makes it harder for Stoke to gang up on him.

I think Benteke could end up in an attacking midfield role for his presence, with Bowery up top on his own and Gabby/Andi out wide

Would have preferred us picking Nzogbia, Holman or Bent if we wanted the extra attacked but i'm guesing Bowery is there for defending set pieces as well.

Just went and looked. I did not remember correctly. He has played a lineup close to this before though. When was that?

Lambert obviously think we need the physical presence of Bowery but I still think Zog should've started instead of him. Other than a good work rate Bowery hasn't in my opinion really showed any great signs so far. Hopefully he can prove me wrong and make a good contribution to the team.

Edited by Thrice

Stoke offered absolutely FA that game, but no 2 games are the same. Getting nervous now, would have preferred CNZ to start infront of Bowery but saying that Charlie probably would have had another anonymous game losing the ball. Prove me wrong JB and score a goal

Lambert obviously think we need the psysical presence of Bowery but I still think Zog should've started instead of him. Other than a good work rate Bowery hasn't in my opinion really showed any great signs so far. Hopefully he can prove me wrong and make a good contribution to the team.

Strange starting a big man like Bowery if there's nobody there to cross the ball in really.  I believe he's a speedy bugger though, so if we pull Benteke back a bit, it should create space for him and Gabby to run into. There might be a bit of craftiness going on with this lineup, in that we want it to seem like Benteke is going to take the big front man role initially, but then swap Bowery up there to draw men out as Benteke goes deeper

Just went and looked. I did not remember correctly. He has played a lineup close to this before though. When was that?

West ham at home a few months ago?