Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

Injury updates:

Holman and Bent are fit and ready to go. PL remarked that Bent wasn't fit for the Liverpool game but that he will be in the squad for Stoke. Whether that means starting or on the bench is anyone's guess, but we should see him.

Clark is a doubt however. Still has a nagging shoulder injury.

Worried that Bennett is going to have play. Would seriously consider Lichaj for his defending and Sylla is a must play for his height in the midfield.

A must win game for me, mainly because I don't think we can afford to delay getting the 3 points.

The longer you go without a win, the more the pressure builds for the other "winnable" games. And I don't think the team handles pressure too well.

The chances of getting 3 points are much better in this game than they are in Fulham at home in my view.

A draw would be a disappointment for me given Stoke's current plight. A loss, and positive results for Wigan and Sunderland, could be very ominous indeed.

--------------- Guzan ------------------

Lowton  Vlaar  Clark  Baker

--------------- Sylla --------------------

--- Westwood     Delph --------------

Weimann ---------------- Agbonlahor

-------------- Benteke -----------------

I'll go with my heart and say a HARD fought scrap of a 1-2 win!

Come on Villa!!!!!

The chances of getting 3 points are much better in this game than they are in Fulham at home in my view.

A draw would be a disappointment for me given Stoke's current plight. A loss, and positive results for Wigan and Sunderland, could be very ominous indeed.

--------------- Guzan ------------------

Lowton  Vlaar  Clark  Baker

--------------- Sylla --------------------

--- Westwood     Delph --------------

Weimann ---------------- Agbonlahor

-------------- Benteke -----------------

I'll go with my heart and say a HARD fought scrap of a 1-2 win!

Come on Villa!!!!!

I disagree, I think the Fulham match is an easier game. 

and Clark's still injured

I can see it playing out very similar to the Sunderland away game. Think and hope we'll nick it 1-0 with a goal from Gabby. Gonna be bombarded, need big performances from Vlaar, Baker & The Gooze.

I think Chelsea will actually do us a favour for once, 3-0 home win, its about time they stopped dickin us in every way possible.

QPR I can see winning too,

vital vital game for us. UTV!!!

I'm just as concerned with having one of our key players injured as I am with losing this one. Stoke are gonna throw themselves at this, especially with them being dragged into the relegation scrap, they'll be nervy and edgy, and prone to making stupid decisions (for us)

I think this is a big chance for 3 points. Stoke's form is abysmal.

I'd start with Nzogbia in for Bannan. People keep talking about a delph coming in for the midfield battle but Stoke just kick or long or send the ball out wide so i'd want Nzogbia in to try to actually make some chances for us to score.

Hoping for a 2-1 win. I was going to say 1-0 since Stoke can't score but then I remembered we cant defend.

Are QPR far enough behind hat we can actually want them to win this weekend?

Or are we thinking draw is still the best (safest) result for us?

Nah, they're far enough away - they'd need to win four and draw two of their last seven games to get to 37 - not going to happen.

Are QPR far enough behind hat we can actually want them to win this weekend?

Or are we thinking draw is still the best (safest) result for us?

Nah, they're far enough away - they'd need to win four and draw two of their last seven games to get to 37 - not going to happen.

I agree, hoping for a QPR win today.

Stoke is always a tough game but im hopeful we can nick something today. A chelsea win would also be great.

Also agree with Big John's changes, we will concede today so need a attacking team out there.

Stoke don't lose at home. 

I think it will be a draw today.

Providing other results go our way, a draw, imo wouldn't be a bad result.