Worst signing of past 5 years?

Dodgyknees

Alex Mcleish very closely followed by Jermaine Jenas - £45,000 a week, season long loan, 3 appearances! Argue with that??

2 as cameo sub roles then what 20 mins against ManUre before tripping on a blade of grass

I am surprised no one has said Heskey so far. I am not saying this is my answer to the question, but I thought many would say him considering his cost, quality of performance and the fact that so many on this forum ridiculed his performances.

And for the person who said Carson, that was 2007, so more then 5 years ago.

Finally did someone really say bent - ridiculous.

My answer is makoun 1st, heskey 2nd.

Ireland, fee + wages is so far just shy of an eye watering £19m .

Jaysus fackun H man

How did you get to that figure?  I'm asking because that figure might be a bit low (depending on the numbers you've used).

Most folks believe his wage is being subsidised by Manchester City but I have it on reliable information that we're paying him the full hit of £75k per week.

The most frustrating one for me was Curtis Davies. 

Solely because Martin O'Neill sold Gary Cahill (who was turning into a very promising defender) for 5m, and bought Davies for 10m.

Awful bit of business.

The myth that is MON is slowly being found out. It would have happened quicker if the media hadn't had a love him with him for the last 10 years.

Oh, and Reo Coker, Heskey and Beye. Take your pick really I suppose.

I'm not too opposed to the Ireland signing personally as I thought he was a good talent, It just hasn't worked out.

Hereford Utd CC2 aug 23 2011.

Makoun & Ireland start game Beye came on as sub. Doesn't get much better

I also believe this was Makouns first and last start under McLeish and his last appearance for the club.

Edited by CI

You may all say Ireland but our fans are the muppets that voted him our POTS last year.

For what it's worth, Ireland by a country mile, I nearly wet myself when he won the award.

I still don't understand how he got that. I really don't. He was decent for half a season but the only real standout players last season were Stan and Given.

Edited by Mantis

Â