Midweek football 12, 13, 14 March

coda

So the chelsea fans have got what they wanted when they chanted ."we want our chelsea back" against man utd last week. Playing shite infront of a half full stadium before Roman abramovich took over. Tossers

Edited by Jimzk5

My plays for the day were, for the record:

RubinKazan pk -280: risk 5 units to win 1.78

Benfica pk -120: risk 7 units to win 5.83

ViktoriaPlzen +370: 6 units

ViktoriaPlzen pk +220: 9 units

Anzhi pk +115: 7 units

Lazio pk -150: risk 5 units to win 3.33

Have to remember Spurs are not playing their strongest team. He should have started Dawson and Lloris.

This sentence doesn't make sense.

No way is Dawson part of Spurs' strongest team.

Have to remember Spurs are not playing their strongest team. He should have started Dawson and Lloris.

This sentence doesn't make sense.

No way is Dawson part of Spurs' strongest team.

Dawson was needed in the San Siro last night. He and Vertonghen are Spurs' strongest fit pairing at the moment – did you not see them during the North London Derby?

Have to say they were immense, best defensive display I have seen for a while.

Dawson and Vlaar at the back, now I would be very happy with that.

• Like 1

I think Torres might just have had a great season or two at Liverpool and thats it. That was the blip in his career, not what's happening now.

There were plenty saying when Liverpool signed him that he'd be a flop based on his record in Spain being not that great.

Maybe he just had one of those anomalous periods where he was unstoppable, but he was just playing above his ability.

Santa Cruz and Harewood have both had excellent premier league seasons, but they're both crap.

No Torres WAS a top striker between 2005 and 2009, it was not a blip. Infact in 2008 I rated him as the best striker in the world. He was a key reason behind Spains 2008 European championship success both in the qualifiers and in the actual tournament itself. I don't know why he has declined so much in the last few years but he was world class for 4 years, that is not a blip

But now he is crap, I agree.

I rated him as the best in the world too.

My point is, he's been crap (comparatively speaking... he's actually not crap at all) for longer than he was ever that good.

Â