Midweek football 12, 13, 14 March

coda

Barca need to come flying out of the blocks and really go at AC with Messi having one of the types of games he did v Arsenal 2 years ago or Leverkusen last year. However I don't see it, as Barca have been a shadow of the side they were since Tito went to NY for treatment.

I think it'll be 1-0 or 2-1

I'll be watching the Schalke v GS game partly because it's on national TV over here and it'll be fun watching Drogba and Sneijder flop. GS spunked €50 million on these two (fee and wages) so it'll be interesting to watch the fans cry and swear at these two for 90 minutes. 

i fancy watching schalke instead...

cant make my mind up if barca will continue to be poor and seeing as its on ITV it will be a really poor game or if barca will turn up and it will be an amazing game

I dont know. Think will be brilliant Andy Townsend not having a clue who 21 of the players that are playing except Messi.

I think if MIlan score they will go through but they have bottled bigger leads in the past like Deportivo and Liverpool and nearly Arsenal last year

It's not as bad as clive tyldsley during the England v Sweden game at the euros when mellberg scored twice

"Many thought his career was over after leaving villa"

Yes, joining the biggest club in Italy is a real downward curve.

Looking forward to the game.  Milan will fancy themselves to score, as Barça (by their standards) have been terrible at the back this season.  Unless I'm mistaken, their 2-0 win at the weekend was their first clean sheet in 14 games.  Milan will defend but are good enough to pose a threat on the break.

An early goal will do wonders for Barcelona, and they will probably need it, as I think they'd need to follow it up with three more.

Shame it's on ITV (unless you don't have Sky, obviously - Barça matches on terrestrial TV were a rare joy for me until recently).  I feel annoyed even before I've heard any of the punditry/commentary.

Â