Midweek football 12, 13, 14 March

coda

What has happened to Torres?

I'm starting to suspect that somewhere in Liverpool is a bitter fan with a Torres voodoo doll.

I think that somewhere in Liverpool there is a Torres look-a-like, trying to convince everyone that he is the realy Torres and that some dirty scouser has stolen his life.

I think for Torres problem is he started at 17 and believe was captain at 19. That is a lot of games and pressuer from a young age and was always going to take its toll. Also the physicality of English game probably hasnt helped. 

A transfer/loan to another league might suit him, probably back to Spain but doubt anybody can afford him

Torres has definitely lost a yard of pace, and that along with his excellent first touch and finishing, was what got him his goals. Look at Michael Owen once he lost a yard of pace following all his injuries, not even half the player he used to be.

That is a VERY good comparison.

I really sorry for Torres (as much as you can feel sorry for someone on thousands a week whilst you're slugging away). Always pleases me when he scores these days. I quite like Chelsea though (yeah I said it, feel dirty doing so), they are my favourite of the 'big' sides. Hated him at Liverpool. Just think the 50m pricetag means too much is expected of him.

Â