Man Utd v Real Madrid Champions League 2nd Leg

andykeenan

Europa League is hardest competition to predict as if in few weeks Spurs hit a bad form in the league and struggling for 4th AVB might rest players for the tournament. as the glamour is not as high as Champions League some clubs will take the risk.

Possibly, but AVB seems to take the competition seriously.  It was winning it with his great Porto side a couple of years ago that put him on the map really. 

Daniel Levy doing a cracking job at Spurs isn't he. Got rid of that gobshite when he started to get a bit big for his boots and then took a risk on AVB which really seems to have paid off. Oh to have a chairmen who knows about football.

Europa League is hardest competition to predict as if in few weeks Spurs hit a bad form in the league and struggling for 4th AVB might rest players for the tournament. as the glamour is not as high as Champions League some clubs will take the risk.

Definitely.

If they take it seriously (which, as Rev suggests, AVB appears to do) then they could very well win it.

It just depends if that race for 4th becomes the priority.

It would be refreshing to see an English team go all out to win the Europa League though.

Definitely.

If they take it seriously (which, as Rev suggests, AVB appears to do) then they could very well win it.

It just depends if that race for 4th becomes the priority.

It would be refreshing to see an English team go all out to win the Europa League though.

I'm not sure I would put Spurs in the race for 4th, I think that is between Chelsea and Arsenal, Spurs look like they will be getting 3rd place to me.

I think you may well be right. But the gap to Arsenal is only 7 points. 2 bad results for Spurs and the gap could suddenly become much smaller.

That's kind of what I meant by the race becoming a priority. If they maintain that gap then they can afford to focus a bit more on the Europa. If that gap suddenly gets eaten into, then that could change.

It is all down to Spurs being driven by Levy whilst we had no equivalent, leaving it to the manager to have a big say in off field matters (though we later hired Falkner who seems to lack experience in the industry).

It is horrible but fair play to them, everytime they made mistakes they rectified it managerial wise and also have a good policy of signing young players from england and abroad and not really afraid to blood them.

hopefully Faulkner can learn from this in the future

I don't remember there being half as much interest in the Europa League when we (and even Blooz) played in it - certainly don't recall ITV showing it at peaktime - strange that now it's Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool - it get's mainstream coverage?

Â