Man Utd v Real Madrid Champions League 2nd Leg

andykeenan

I don't remember there being half as much interest in the Europa League when we (and even Blooz) played in it - certainly don't recall ITV showing it at peaktime - strange that now it's Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool - it get's mainstream coverage?

Because those three sides have fanbases far, far bigger than ours and so attract much higher viewing figures.

http://youtu.be/TbvgbLnJoPM

Jason McAteer gets the whole kick in the chest thing right.  He was looking at the ball so there was probably no malice meant, but I guess kneeing the guys team mate in the bollocks immediately after the flying kick removed all doubt in the referees mind. Red card. 

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/ferguson-able-to-receive-visitors-2013030862170

Ferguson able to receive visitors
08-03-13

A DISTRAUGHT Alex Ferguson is slowly recovering from his attack of the vapours.

After the unconscionable behaviour of Real Madrid and the actions of a beastly little Turk, the 71 year-old Glaswegian wallflower has taken to his bed. Man United doctors say the manager has been quite bereft ever since and describe his current condition as fragile. Assistant manager Mike Phelan said: “It’d break your heart to see him, clutching the coverlet of his bed, looking at me with those pleading, rheumy eyes and mouthing the word ‘why?’ over and over again. “He looks like some frightened fawn that lost its mother, assuming its mother had mated with a particularly rough-looking bull mastiff.” Ferguson has been able to drink some weak hibiscus tea since Tuesday but has still eaten nothing more than a few thin cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off then deep fried in batter.

Manchester United has pleaded with UEFA to overturn the red card given to Nani for bravely attempting the world’s first foot-based heart surgery in the hope it will raise Ferguson’s spirits enough to at least shout weakly at a reporter. Meanwhile, players have started visiting their manager to try and help mend his shattered heart, with captain Rio Ferdinand raising a thin smile by reading some Walter Scott poetry.

Phelan said: “I simply don’t understand why anyone would want to hurt such a beautiful, simple creature like Alex who wants nothing more than to belligerently demand the world do his bidding.”

Edited by flamingsombrero

Â