Brussels or Bruges?

GeorgeVilla82

Bruge is quite dull tbh

A town square with a load of restaurants and the landmark tower , a small market and a small canal trip and you are about done ... Oh and the Brewery tour of course

Brussels is slightly better but not a lot

Belgium sadly is dull

Edited by tonyh29

If you go for Bruges go to Cambrinus. Great food and 400 beers in stock. :cheers: Also if you can find it... go to a little pub/bar called "De Haare" its on a little side street off one of the main squares. Quality beer on draught.

Been to both and I'd definitely recommend Bruges out of the two it's a beautiful city and perfect for a short break as there's not a whole lot to do there that you can't cover in a day or two. Brussels is a lot like Birmingham.

Been to both loads of times with work mainly and agree with this. Nice places to go and see though and would recommend if only to tick off the list 

Make sure you try the seafood gratin, absolutely to die for. Not sure what it's called over there.

Foie Gras (controversial) is quite big over there and I'm pretty sure you'll see horse on some menus.

Bruges is lovely. And you can pretend you're in the film In Bruges "you're a **** inanimate object" etc etc

That's basically the main reason I want to go to Bruges. "Purgatory's like the inbetweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you werren't all that great either." "....like Tottenham?"

However I'd probably finish my trip by jumping off the tower in the main square so I'm putting it off for now.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you go for Bruges go to Cambrinus. Great food and 400 beers in stock. :cheers: Also if you can find it... go to a little pub/bar called "De Haare" its on a little side street off one of the main squares. Quality beer on draught.

THIS. Awesome, awesome place - so many beers! Had a cracking set menu in there as well for €25 each. Pretty cheap for Bruges.

Â