Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

Fans on balconys are used to blow bugs away :-) tbh I think are people are trying to compare houses to those we have in the uk and they are not like that at all (edit ) I am going to my mates place at the weekend for a few beers I will take photos :-)

Now I have visions of you going around his house stealing framed pictures of his family

Curse you Airplane the movie

• Like 1

Ok a few things re shoes. A lot of people put on footware in sa houses because most do not have carpets. Typically a pair of flip flops etc. so putting "shoes" on to go to the loo etc is not unusual.

Re Risso and his outside crapper you should see the townships here, rows of porta crappers god only knows what they must be like . Ironically most are lined up next to the main road

The reporter on a Cape radio station today said in all seriousness that the people would be stumped trying to work out if he was guilty.

That's like most hot countries to be honest.  As you say, you might put a pair of flip flops or slippers on at most, but pulling on a pair of trainers and doing up the laces?  I wouldn't have thought that's usual?

I still think the food in her stomach and the fact she was wearing shoes make a mockery of his defence personally.

Not been really following the case but isn't it possible that she got up to get something to eat while he was still asleep?

And put her trainers on?

Why not? Its S. Africa, what wild dangerous creatures can get in your house there? I've no idea but its not really the most daft thing in the world to do is it. She could have been about to do anything after taking a dump, maybe she put them on at the same time as taking a dump, because she was going somewhere afterwards. Tbh the whole trainers on thing seems irrelevant, way too many reasons for it to happen. I think its all a bit Sherlock Holmes to suggest that he murdered her because she had trainers on

I still think the food in her stomach and the fact she was wearing shoes make a mockery of his defence personally.

Not been really following the case but isn't it possible that she got up to get something to eat while he was still asleep?

And put her trainers on?

Why not? Its S. Africa, what wild dangerous creatures can get in your house there? I've no idea but its not really the most daft thing in the world to do is it. She could have been about to do anything after taking a dump, maybe she put them on at the same time as taking a dump, because she was going somewhere afterwards. Tbh the whole trainers on thing seems irrelevant, way too many reasons for it to happen. I think its all a bit Sherlock Holmes to suggest that he murdered her because she had trainers on

I don't think it's irrelevant at all, in fact it could be one of the main points of the case.  He said that they'd gone to bed early, she had a full stomach and her shoes on.  The two things don't add up.

You have to think his defence team "accidently" showing the court a pic of her corpse may have been a sneaky ploy to provoke a response from Pistorius and allow him to show his human side and gain sympathy from the judge

Surely a top class defence like Roux wouldn't drop such a clanger?

You have to think his defence team "accidently" showing the court a pic of her corpse may have been a sneaky ploy to provoke a response from Pistorius and allow him to show his human side and gain sympathy from the judge

Surely a top class defence like Roux wouldn't drop such a clanger?

I don't doubt every bucket ,vomit and head in hands gesture has been carefully choreographed

And put her trainers on?

I don't think it's irrelevant at all, in fact it could be one of the main points of the case.  He said that they'd gone to bed early, she had a full stomach and her shoes on.  The two things don't add up.

Yes.  If he'd said that she got up at some point, ate and came back to bed, it would be a little more credible that she might have got up a second time but this time he hadn't woken.  As it is, his story about them both being in bed by ten, with nothing further happening, is plainly not true.  He would need to construct an account of how it's possible, because on the face of it it's highly unlikely.  Any line about being a heavy sleeper and having been completely unaware of her getting up on either occasion, getting (at least partly) dressed, putting on lights, would then be viewed in the light of other testimony already given about him being very sensitive to noises, always thinking someone was trying to break in and so on.

I'm what you'd term a light sleeper but sometimes I'm unwakeable. Nearly everyone goes into deep sleep at some point. I've seen no mention of him being an insomniac

Why is it unlikely that he didn't wake up when she got up?

Seems like a big leap to me

Roux doing a marvellous job of duffing up the prosecution witnesses, forcing them to accept inconsistences/inaccuracies in their statements.

The whole investigation was a shambles.

I'm what you'd term a light sleeper but sometimes I'm unwakeable. Nearly everyone goes into deep sleep at some point. I've seen no mention of him being an insomniac

Whether he woke up when she did is irrelevent. The issue is when HE woke up, he would have know she was not there. If you thought someone had broken into your house, prior to confronting them you check that your loved one is safe. You don't get up and start arbitrarily blasting away at closed doors.

The other problem with Oscar's account is if you get up in the night to go to the loo you wouldn't lock the door if it was just you and your partner in the house.

Whether he woke up when she did is irrelevent. The issue is when HE woke up, he would have know she was not there. If you thought someone had broken into your house, prior to confronting them you check that your loved one is safe. You don't get up and start arbitrarily blasting away at closed doors.

Depends on how paranoid you are I guess, no one makes the greatest decisions of their life as soon as they've awoken especially if its a sudden event

The other problem with Oscar's account is if you get up in the night to go to the loo you wouldn't lock the door if it was just you and your partner in the house.

You may not, plenty of other people would. I wouldn't, my missus most definitely would.

I think it's really hard to judge these things that are being mentioned. S Africa is a very different culture to the UK and few of us really know that much about Pistorius and his psyche.

For my money he's guilty but some of the arguments presented appear to me to highly speculative

• Like 1

the last two lines of Bicks comments above are really the only sensible contribution that can be made in this thread at this time

we don't know Pistorius, we don't know the culture, he looks guilty from what we're being given to speculate on

Depends on how paranoid you are I guess, no one makes the greatest decisions of their life as soon as they've awoken especially if its a sudden event

You may not, plenty of other people would. I wouldn't, my missus most definitely would.

I think it's really hard to judge these things that are being mentioned. S Africa is a very different culture to the UK and few of us really know that much about Pistorius and his psyche.

For my money he's guilty but some of the arguments presented appear to me to highly speculative

and that is a key point Gareth. Most of my mates down here have massive evil dogs for protection and all have loaded guns ready to use - basically they don't ask questions often as that will typically be too late is the way of thinking.

• Like 1

and that is a key point Gareth. Most of my mates down here have massive evil dogs for protection and all have loaded guns ready to use - basically they don't ask questions often as that will typically be too late is the way of thinking.

And that line of thinking gets innocent people killed. It's craziness. 

Exactly

His ex-girlfriend who gave evidence even said that in the past he heard a noise thinking there was an intruder in the house but on that occasion he woke her before he went to investigate

Why did he follow common sense on that occasion and not this one? It just doesn't add up

Exactly

His ex-girlfriend who gave evidence even said that in the past he heard a noise thinking there was an intruder in the house but on that occasion he woke her before he went to investigate

Why did he follow common sense on that occasion and not this one? It just doesn't add up

Because he's human? I'm not saying I believe him, on the contrary I think he's guilty. *Think* isn't enough though is it.

All this talk of trainers, maybe she went for a bit if fresh air first, knocked over a pan or something on the way back in then went for a shit. It's not enough to convict a man.

• Like 1

Â