The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Lerner = Ridsdale 

he's nothing like ridsdale, and we're nothing like leeds. we'd have been like them had we not started to curtail the spending when we did, however
i think we are exactly like them.

They spent to have a go but could not sustain it. Bought players on huge contracts, then started to curtail the costs, selling their better players but unable to shift others on bigger contracts than they deserved. Changed managers a few times, never replacing those better players or reinvesting the money and ended up getting relegated.

Sounds pretty familiar to me.

Lerner out

Comparisons to Leeds and Risdale are at best wrong and worst totally **** moronic.

i think the are some very clear comparisons. Gave it a go, spent amounts that they could not sustain, asset stripped where they could, left with overpaid not good enough players where they couldn't , struggled against relegation and then went down , owner left.

People need to be realistic and see the comparisons I'm afraid.

Comparisons to Leeds and Risdale are at best wrong and worst totally **** moronic.

i think the are some very clear comparisons. Gave it a go, spent amounts that they could not sustain, asset stripped where they could, left with overpaid not good enough players where they couldn't , struggled against relegation and then went down , owner left.

If there are very clear comparisons  and I am not saying whether there are or not, then Lerner is even more stupid than I gave him credit for. To copy/repeat the same errors as another once mighty club and expect a different outcome is incompetence and stupidity of the highest order.

Edited by pacbuddies

Villa fans in Realistic Shocker!.. We will finish in the top 8 if we get lamberk the clown! 'Honest'

Â