The Randy Lerner thread

CI

You no what I mean. Anyhow Randy has said transfer funds are not the issue its the wages. I can see Randy giving a bit of cash even if it involves selling players, he will be flapping after this season I kid you not.

If wages are the problem, the only way we will sign any decent players for lower wages are if we have a manager the players can believe in.

Who is going to sign for lower or similar wages if they have no faith in the manager to win us any trophies? No one.

Does anyone remember if Venglos looked like being fired during the summer before the summer was over? Just out of curiosity. IIRC he was with us the whole season.

Does anyone remember if Venglos looked like being fired during the summer before the summer was over? Just out of curiosity. IIRC he was with us the whole season.

yeah he was with us all season. i think a Gary penrice double against norwich at vp kept us up. he had a quality tache

:lol:

Everybody agrees that demonstrating during games is not good for players, so having thought about it, why dont fans protest during the half time interval?

Players are off the pitch and therefore know its not aimed at them, but believe me, you can hear the fans in the dressing room.

yeah because that would really give the players the kick up the arse they so desperately need.

Not.

Do they? You continue to blame the players and to some degree, I agree that there are elements that should have gone at the end of the season.

The fact is, they didnt and McLeish kept them. That was his error and he only has himself to blame.

I think the crux of the issue is the manager, not the players.

30,100 fans and I'd be amazed if there was that many people there.

Surely Lerner can't keep Mcleish if attendances drop to this level and we achieve such a low points total.

It's an utter disgrace the way the club is being run right now.

When was the last time we ever had a Premier League match with an attendance under 30,000?

We had lots before football became hip again. The best football seen at VP in most people's lifetimes, under BFR, regularly played to crowds of less than 30k.

When was the last time we ever had a Premier League match with an attendance under 30,000?

vs Bolton in MON's first season, I can't remember the exact figure but it was about 29,000 (during our 10 game winless run if I recall)

We had lots before football became hip again. The best football seen at VP in most people's lifetimes, under BFR, regularly played to crowds of less than 30k.

The best football seen at VP in my life time was MON :lol:

:cry:

vs Bolton in MON's first season, I can't remember the exact figure but it was about 29,000 (during our 10 game winless run if I recall)

Correct when gary speed scored the winner from the spot.

Tell you something, Lerner better stay in America this summer because he is going to feel the wrath, I am already planning a mass printing of complaints to have posted at Villa park.

**** off Lerner.

Which would have been our first season with Randy Lerner as chairman, seems it's going completely full circle.

Well done Randy, you spent a shitload for absolutely nothing.... just give up now, please.

The best football seen at VP in my life time was MON :lol:

:cry:

That's cool, each to their own! Are you looking forward to your 11+ in a couple of years time :winkold:

Â