The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Out of interest if our signings had cost 50% more would some be praising Lerner? Net spend is a load of crap ultimately it's how the team/squad is shaping up and so far it's looking decent. We still have 6 days to get some more in but to do that we need to create space in the squad. Let's judge the spend and the squad after the window closes.

• Like 1

It's not about the signings costing more, it's about proper investment in playing staff - the Benteke sale covered the signings we didn't get before, when we underspent, now that has run out we need a defender, midfielder, right back and striker!

Edited by DK82
  • Like 3

It's not about the signings coating more, it's about proper investment in playing staff - the Benteke sake covered the signings we didn't get before, when we underspent, now that has run out we need a defender, midfielder, right back and striker!

And a GK.

• Like 1

Imagine if we hadn't sold Benteke and Delph.  We would have bought Crespo and Bunn and that's about it.

Yep probably Crespo, Bunn, Richards and maybe one other player for 6/7m, plus a few loans.

Go Randy!

Imagine if we hadn't sold Benteke and Delph.  We would have bought Crespo and Bunn and that's about it.

Doubt it. Obviously we wouldn't have spent as much as we did but I still think we'd have spent a fair amount.

Imagine if we hadn't sold Benteke and Delph. We would have bought Crespo and Bunn and that's about it.

Doubt it. Obviously we wouldn't have spent as much as we did but I still think we'd have spent a fair amount.
Net spend has decreased for the last few years, while premier league money rises. Lerner would have given Tim about £10 million tops!

Imagine if we hadn't sold Benteke and Delph. We would have bought Crespo and Bunn and that's about it.

Net spend has decreased for the last few years, while premier league money rises. Lerner would have given Tim about £10 million tops!

Yep I agree with that. The man is a disgrace and we should protest. The takeover is a great tool for him too, wouldn't be shocked if that is all bullshit to give him a reason not to spend. He is a word removed.

net spend isn't the only gauge of commitment but when you generally get what you pay for it's a pretty good one.

We owe Lerner a lot of money and it's only fair that he has it back. The problem is it's his **** up which led to us overspending and needing the loans in the first place.

Therefore he should really man up to his mistakes where he gambled and lost the money, and not expect the club to bail him out.

Yep I agree with that. The man is a disgrace and we should protest. The takeover is a great tool for him too, wouldn't be shocked if that is all bullshit to give him a reason not to spend. He is a word removed.

He really does deserve more stick. Could you imagine how say Newcastle fans would react if he owned their club?

Â