The Randy Lerner thread

CI

He hasn't built his wealth. He has inherited it through no effort of his own. He doesn't know the true value of money and he has no business sense. He seems to be utterly clueless about everything. How can anyone have respect for him? What? Was it because he splashed out his dad's money on us once upon a time? So if someone else was a billionaire through no work of their own and splashed the cash on us like a play thing, he would be respected? Nah, it's false. Respect comes from leadership, knowledge and work rate. He has no qualities other than being a spoilt yank who probably doesn't even know how to do his own **** breakfast.

Wow, somebody sure is upset...

OK, he inherited his wealth, yes, but he's also been running his father's empire for a while now and it hasn't gone belly up, so I think he might have just a hint of business sense.

However, he clearly doesn't know much about running a football club, but business in football is unlike the normal business world, it's completely different.

He needs to give us some sort of sign that he still gives a damn though. I've been a supporter of Lerner in the past and I do appreciate the things he has done for the club but at the moment he is taking us backwards and his absence is disturbing.

Things need to change Randy, I refuse to believe that you're happy with the way things are now ,but if you are then do the decent thing and sell us to someone who gives a damn.

Jonathan Fear on Vital Villa has said he has heard rumours that we are lining up Roy Keane.

:shock: Interesting...Got a link mate?

He did say after they were not the most trusted of sources though.

However, after the debacle with McLeish being appointed and the likes of McClaren being linked I wouldn't be surprised.

Randy Lerner is good at one thing and thats making a balls up of a managerial appointment. He may not be consistent in other areas, but he is a model pro in that department.

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=45937&start=120

Near the bottom.

Not a chance of McLeish being sacked. He stuck by the clown we had managing us last season when after 19 games we were sat on 20 points in 15th place,after 21 games when we were sat on 21 points in 18th place and after 30 games when we were sat on 33 points in 14th place one point above the drop zone. Also this was despite serving up gutless tripe and the crowd having turned on Houllier in December and him getting the worst crowd reaction/abuse I've seen towards any manager at the end of the Wolves game in March.

Lerner put up with all that with his past appointment and he'll put up with a least that and maybe more with McLeish.

Jonathan Fear on Vital Villa has said he has heard rumours that we are lining up Roy Keane.

:shock: Interesting...Got a link mate?

He did say after they were not the most trusted of sources though.

However, after the debacle with McLeish being appointed and the likes of McClaren being linked I wouldn't be surprised.

Randy Lerner is good at one thing and thats making a balls up of a managerial appointment. He may not be consistent in other areas, but he is a model pro in that department.

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=45937&start=120

Near the bottom.

The only thing worse than having Houllier and then McLeish as manager, is the thought of who that clown Lerner would appoint next, and how much compensation we'd have wasted on O'Neill, Houllier and McLeish if he did sack the ginger idiot.

What's going on Randy? Your silence is deafening and the fans are very restless.

My glorious club who I have supported through thick and thin for over 40 years is starting to lose its appeal, to me and thousands and thousands of other fans. You have gone from having a top football team to one of the worst teams I've seen in many a year.

What happened to your 5 year plan ?

What happened to your regular visits to Villa Park ?

What happened to General Krulak ?

What happened to Aston Villa's 'Bright Future' ?

What happened to competing for a Champions League spot ?

What happened to communicating with 'the fans' ?

What happened to the dream ?

What happened to my football club ?

I could go on but what's the point, you won't wake up and smell the coffee until we're down in the CHAMPIONSHIP

But what do I know, Aston Villa has only been my life for 4 decades, I didn't invest £67m+ to buy it... It pains me to say it Randy, but sort your mess out or move on

This

I believe there will be some development pretty sure one or both of:-

Mcleish to leave by Mutual consent - Mark Hughes to replace. But with lerners record - don't rule out bruce, or Roy Keane....

Villa to sell Bent in Jan - and lerner to announce he will listen to offers for the club.

just a hunch.

Mcleish to leave by Mutual consent - Mark Hughes to replace. But with lerners record - don't rule out bruce, or Roy Keane....

Villa to sell Bent in Jan - and lerner to announce he will listen to offers for the club.

just a hunch.

Based on?

just a hunch.

Based on?

Jonathan Fear on Vital Villa has said he has heard rumours that we are lining up Roy Keane

sadly a 40 year old Keane could still do a job in our midfield.

Roy Keane doesnt like modern footballers as they are the opposite of his character who lack determination and care about the bling and cant see him coming back as a manager

Â