The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The club is rotting under Lerner's management.

Over the last 4 seasons it had been slowly rotting. Now, aside from its supporters, it is simply rotten to its core.

Randy Lerner came and spoke of simply being a custodian and spouted total bullshit about us having a proud history and bright future. The man should be ashamed of the way he has run this great club.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

The position we currently find ourselves in this preseason is solely down to lerner's reluctance to supplement the team sufficiently to ensure premier league survival and the valuation of his asset up for sale.

Its bordering upon neglect now.

• Like 3

The club is rotting under Lerner's management.

Over the last 4 seasons it had been slowly rotting. Now, aside from its supporters, it is simply rotten to its core.

Randy Lerner came and spoke of simply being a custodian and spouted total bullshit about us having a proud history and bright future. The man should be ashamed of the way he has run this great club.

Absolutely. I am more concerned about Lerner's behaviour from January onwards, it has been extremely appalling for many reasons. Hopefully there are better days ahead under a new owner, even then I have doubts Lerner will make the right decision regarding a sale. UTV  

• Like 2

I really hope he has the foresight to see that we desperately need investment to survive.

His attempts to sell the club will only get more difficult if we start the season poorly. If we start it very poorly, he may only have a few months to sell us as a Premier League club.

What is our excuse for not spending any money? How will Lerner get away with it? From what I understand the club is not losing money anymore and the wage bill has decreased significantly from the last set of accounts.

So how can we not spend money this summer? I think its a really poor showing from Lerner. He doesn't have to spend his own money now he wants to sell but it seems like he's not even willing to spend money that the club generates. That's unacceptable to me.

Well if some could check the losses for the last three years we might know then we can balance it against FFP losses

tv money in .....

st money in......

reduced wages.....

poor team.....

WHERES THE MONEY GOING? 

faulkner might have stood up to him & said "kick on,protect your asset ,invest & a buyer will come"...PF SACKED!!

ALL FANS WOULD TAKE FINISHING 17TH IN THE Premier League NOW..WHAT A DISASTER, ITS A CRYING SHAME!

again we "hope" we have 3 teams are going to be worse than us AGAIN.

WHERES THE MONEY GOING?

I think this question will start to be asked more and more as the season starts. I hope the fans turn against lerner and not lambert even though lambert's the easier option.

Sure, if the only money signing we make this summer is Richardson (which I'm guessing was peanuts) then I think it's time to get the bedsheets out. 

Fair enough he wants out and is trying to sell the club, but he needs to keep the club in a state where it can be sold. Without investment, relegation is around the corner and we ain't gunna get sold. 

I can't wait for him to go, I really can't. 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm the same. There is no reason to not allow some spending. Surely the club has generated enough to allow that. What's he keeping the money for? I can't imagine he's going to take it our for himself and surely it would be better to improve the playing squad to attract an investor.

I'm suggesting it could be part of the reason depending on the total losses of the last three years

I don't think it is a factor at all in his thinking or actions.

If he could blame FFP for being cheap, he would.

I wasn't saying it was the only reason I just think someone should look up those losses to check (I know some of the accounts people love doing this ;) )

I think it is all about the sale now in relation to not taking anymore liabilities in the business sense of the wages and keeping the three year total loss to a minimum to make it more attractive to a new owner so he can spend more money when he comes in

Â