The Randy Lerner thread

CI

"Lerner has sold us, dependant on us still being in the prem. New owners are sorted, although nobody aprt frm lerner knos who they are. Lambert is not part of the new regimes plans (thank god I hear some of you saying!) this will happen, watch this space."

Another new 'ITK' on that forum. Seems like if they were trying to attract new users, they've pulled in the wrong sort.

Oh and here is one for you TT:

"Another claiming that he works at Brum Airport and a large private jet landed with VIP people on board. When it took off it went back to Saudi. The same bloke who knew about Lerners plane going for Ole Gunner."

Edited by samjp26

So are we getting taken over or not?

Yes.

But who knows when? Could be this year, could be next year or could be in 10 years time.

Only Lerner can guess when as he needs to find a buyer first!

I'll start the bidding at £3.50, a packet of ready salted Walkers and a Creme Egg.

I think you went a bit too high when you threw in the creme egg.  :D

I don't actually think that that site are doing this just to get new users. I think they genuinly believe what they say  but perhaps they're getting a little carried away with what they've been told.

• Like 1

I can't think of another owner quite like Lerner. He really doesn't seem interested at all in the team, apart from a few reports that he calls Lambert every week and watches every game on telly.

Still, personally I don't see that much to suggest Lerner is interested in selling. 

Common sense tells us that Lerner is actively seeking to sell AVFC. It looks like he's got away with remaining in the Premiership once again, but without further investment he can't expect to keep repeating the great escape trick. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth in these rumours. If Randy manages to sell Villa to the right buyer (i.e. super rich) then he will have gone a long way to restore his currently tarnished reputation. (it could also be a load of b*ll*ocks  :) )

without further investment he can't expect to keep repeating the great escape trick

Again, to play devil's advocate, we cant actually spend any more than we already are without breaking the FFP rules. We lost a tremendous amount of money in the last few years, and the rules say you can only spend what you earn plus £15m from the owner per year, which we've been spending more than every year during Randy's term. Yes, the money hasn't been spent in the right places, but it's still being spent. There's no lack of spending at the club, there's just a lack of spending on the pitch

without further investment he can't expect to keep repeating the great escape trick

Again, to play devil's advocate, we cant actually spend any more than we already are without breaking the FFP rules. We lost a tremendous amount of money in the last few years, and the rules say you can only spend what you earn plus £15m from the owner per year, which we've been spending more than every year during Randy's term. Yes, the money hasn't been spent in the right places, but it's still being spent. There's no lack of spending at the club, there's just a lack of spending on the pitch
£15 million a year plus what we make should surely be enough to see us as a top half team. Then hopefully a decent owner looks at new ways to increase revenue as well. Edited by Big_John_10

If were to get a new owner and manager, depending who they were, we could quickly see a return to 40K crowds like we had for a while with Lerner and O'Neill.  A new owner might also bring with him new sponsorship opportunities.   Plus you CAN still make some losses, so there's still scope for investment.

• Like 1

"Lerner has sold us, dependant on us still being in the prem. New owners are sorted, although nobody aprt frm lerner knos who they are. Lambert is not part of the new regimes plans (thank god I hear some of you saying!) this will happen, watch this space."

Another new 'ITK' on that forum. Seems like if they were trying to attract new users, they've pulled in the wrong sort.

Oh and here is one for you TT:

"Another claiming that he works at Brum Airport and a large private jet landed with VIP people on board. When it took off it went back to Saudi. The same bloke who knew about Lerners plane going for Ole Gunner."

So nobody but Lerner knows who this guy is yet the guy claims Lambert is not in his plans! Why do people do it?

Hilarious. So when a private plane arrives at BHX it's automatically rich sheiks acquiring Aston Villa?

Birmingham isn't the metropole of the world, but it does have 1 million people living there - stuff happens in this town, it's not just AVFC.

One rich Saudi could be visiting his son at the Uni, as banal as that.

• Like 1

What's the general view on the asking price ? £200-250m ??

Well the debt is £125 million and he paid £62 million so I would say £190 million is a fair price. I doubt he will get that though...is he willing to take a hit? I doubt it.

Well the debt is £125 million and he paid £62 million so I would say £190 million is a fair price. I doubt he will get that though...is he willing to take a hit? I doubt it.

If he gets a reasonable offer he'll take it. The alternative is too risky. Even Randy must now realise that he and PF are not up to the job.

The company is capitalised at £223m, so that is what he has paid.

Â