The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Randy really should sack Faulkner and bring in Joe Kinnear as his replacement. Then we will have a man with the much needed Premier League experience and also a football man.

Edited by Zatman

Could be a load of bull but u never know ;)

http://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t211-takeover-imminent

yeah they have got a few things right in the past. You never know.

In the past? They've only been going since March of this year if their 'Join Dates' are anything to go by.

This is a pretty new forum by the looks of things. I hope they're onto something, I really do, but as usual I'll believe it when I see it.

Like I said before, any potential takeover would be dependent on those coming in being happy with certain (unorthodox??) terms on the takeover.

We will see, I guess.

OK what's the unorthodox terms? Lerner wants paying in donuts? He wants a stand named after him? The new owner has to keep all the halfwits yes men in a job?

Yeah yeah. I'll believe it when I see it. The last few years under Lerner have been fairly dismal but I'm conscious that we could still do a lot worse. I do hope if and when we are sold Randy at least does his due diligence on the next 'custodians'. And I hope they would give Lambert a fair crack too. With some decent wages to offer I think he could bring some very exciting players to B6.

I think it's wishful thinking about a takeover. People look at the slashing of costs and cutting of the wage bill, but it is something the club just had to do. It made no sense for us to keep running a wage bill that equalled ~90% of our turnover.

We're trying to drive down losses, but that makes commercial sense too, and is required by the FFP rules laid down by the Premier League (which were agreed to by a two-thirds majority vote including Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool; most of the big clubs wanted these rules).

Randy's conversion of debt into equity could be as simple as removing some of the interest liability on the club. It's one less expense.

I don't think there's anything going on to suggest that all that's happening is we're simply trying to get our house in better order.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

New owner would be great news as it would pretty much guarantee Lambert being removed as well.

I'm hopeful. I think evidence points to a sale over some brilliant plan to be competitive again.

And I'm really looking forward to you moaning about the new owner and comparing him to Doug (spit!!!) and wanting him back when he doesn't do what you want him too.  :P

• Like 2

I hope this is true about an imminent takeover.

Villa are now also-rans and Fulham-esque in all that is average about the Premier League. One of the posters over there said if they were any other fan they's of wanted us relegated years ago; i'm somewhat inclined to agree!

Something has to change else there's really no point to Villa's existence.

New owner would be great news as it would pretty much guarantee Lambert being removed as well.

I'm hopeful. I think evidence points to a sale over some brilliant plan to be competitive again.

And I'm really looking forward to you moaning about the new owner and comparing him to Doug (spit!!!) and wanting him back when he doesn't do what you want him too. :P

Do you even watch the club you support?

And I'm really looking forward to you moaning about the new owner and comparing him to Doug (spit!!!) and wanting him back when he doesn't do what you want him too. :P

How the **** can you question me??? I've been a fan since I was 4 years old - first game in 1962 - been a fan 52 **** years and you question me??? I've had a season ticket and going longer than you probably. How many games have you been to ths season - I've travelled up from London for EACH and EVERY league game and I've travelled to Villa Park for games when I lived and worked in Kent and Wigan. Shit I even travelled from Turkey and cut my stay with family short so I could watch Villa - so get off your high horse. All you've done all season (and longer) is bitch and moan about Lerner and this player and that player blah de blah. I give my club UNEQUIVACAL support regardless.

I may not like what Lerner is doing but I put ALL my energy in SUPPORTING the TEAM/CLUB regardless of performance/shit manager/shit owner. I've NEVER BOOED a player - I have booed Ellis cause I know what he is.

I wonder if you are one of the boo boys?? 

See I can make stupid  judgmental statements too.

• Like 4

I remember getting my hopes up when there was talk of a QIA takeover from another board. I've learned my lesson from that. I'll go as far as allowing myself to believe that Randy wants to sell the club and leave my position at that and wait and see.

How the **** can you question me??? I've been a fan since I was 4 years old - first game in 1962 - been a fan 52 **** years and you question me??? I've had a season ticket and going longer than you probably. How many games have you been to ths season - I've travelled up from London for EACH and EVERY league game and I've travelled to Villa Park for games when I lived and worked in Kent and Wigan. Shit I even travelled from Turkey and cut my stay with family short so I could watch Villa - so get off your high horse. All you've done all season (and longer) is bitch and moan about Lerner and this player and that player blah de blah. I give my club UNEQUIVACAL support regardless.

I may not like what Lerner is doing but I put ALL my energy in SUPPORTING the TEAM/CLUB regardless of performance/shit manager/shit owner. I've NEVER BOOED a player - I have booed Ellis cause I know what he is.

I wonder if you are one of the boo boys??

See I can make stupid judgmental statements too.

Take a breath. I wasn't questioning your support or having a go at you, like you did to me.

You make it sound like I complain for no reason. Yet if you've seen the state of us for the last 4 years surely you'd understand.

Â