The Randy Lerner thread

CI

BG10, again you bring in McLeish, McLeish has gone, he left over two years ago now. I don't know why you deem it neccessary to bring him into every debate.

Because people keep banging on about stability.

Because it is the ONLY way we will actually pull out of the rut we are in. We have a decent manager for our current ambition, if we stick with him we can actually build something for a change. 

Every time we change managers we go back to square 1 and start again, the fans get impatient again after a season or two and the new manager gets sacked again, ad infinitum...

If people are not going to agree and still cling to the hope that there is a magic manager out there that we will stumble on to who can deliver us big steps forward season after season on a modest premier league budget until we are in the top 6 positions and challenging for champions league then I will leave you to your delusion and head back to off topic. 

• Like 3

BG10, again you bring in McLeish, McLeish has gone, he left over two years ago now. I don't know why you deem it neccessary to bring him into every debate.

he was sick of saying bring back Doug ;)

We have a decent manager for our current ambition, if we stick with him we can actually build something for a change.

That's the issue though. He's not proved to be a decent manager. So sticking with him for me would be the same as sticking with McLeish. You're giving time to someone not good enough for the job.

Every time we change managers we go back to square 1 and start again, the fans get impatient again after a season or two and the new manager gets sacked again, ad infinitum...

I would love to have a manager to build something here. Do you think those against Lambert want a new manager every couple of years? But there's no point sticking with someone just for the sake of sticking with them.

• Like 2

Because it is the ONLY way we will actually pull out of the rut we are in. We have a decent manager for our current ambition, if we stick with him we can actually build something for a change. 

If people are not going to agree and still cling to the hope that there is a magic manager out there that we will stumble on to who can deliver us big steps forward season after season on a modest premier league budget until we are in the top 6 positions and challenging for champions league then I will leave you to your delusion and head back to off topic. 

If we have a decent manager for our current ambition are you suggesting that we want to be a championship side? Lambert has not proved anything other than he can make us stagnate. We are not getting better at least last season we had a decent run of form that should have been the minimum benchmark for this season and we have not got anywhere near that form on a consistent basis. OK we have had a few good results against ManCity, Arsenal and Chelsea but then we go and undo the good work by losing to the likes of Fulham and Stoke. The only consistent thing about us this year is that we have been poor especially at home, we should be past that point now.

If we have a decent manager for our current ambition are you suggesting that we want to be a championship side? Lambert has not proved anything other than he can make us stagnate. We are not getting better at least last season we had a decent run of form that should have been the minimum benchmark for this season and we have not got anywhere near that form on a consistent basis. OK we have had a few good results against ManCity, Arsenal and Chelsea but then we go and undo the good work by losing to the likes of Fulham and Stoke. The only consistent thing about us this year is that we have been poor especially at home, we should be past that point now.

So here you are agreeing with me that the only way you would have been happy with Lambert is if the manager and the team had made clear strides forward each season until we are in the top 6 again. As soon as we stagnate or even worse, take a step backwards, the manager should be sacked and we try again from scratch with the new guy?

We have a decent manager for our current ambition, if we stick with him we can actually build something for a change.

That's the issue though. He's not proved to be a decent manager. So sticking with him for me would be the same as sticking with McLeish. You're giving time to someone not good enough for the job.

I would love to have a manager to build something here. Do you think those against Lambert want a new manager every couple of years? But there's no point sticking with someone just for the sake of sticking with them.

Tell us about it in the lambert thread I've mostly stopped reading

for him to put in 90 million pounds to remove our debt.. must mean hes selling up or were going to 'go for it' again this summer.

Why else do it? Genuine question... what else can he get out of doing that?

I can give an good guess KSV.

Looking at the accounts they are balanced as of this year (new tv money makes up the gap) so we would make a very small loss or break even whilst spending what we have in previous summers.

I would argue he has written it off as if he is to sell the club then he will get the same value for it if there debt is there or not and he would only have to continue writing off interest payments per year as it won't get paid off to him unless we start finishing in Europa League spots with the same budget we currently have.

I am sure one of the accountants around here may also say that there is some sort of accounts benefit for it too perhaps to be compliant with FFP, something to do with loss making maybe.

Regardless all he is really doing is moving his money from one of his pockets to another with no loss to the club.

I very much doubt we shall be going big again under new rules unless these fake sponsorships that people like City have are ruled legal then we may argue that a new owner with a very large business could do the same to us.

I could start a rumour because a big expensive private jet arrived at BHX Saturday late morning and departed not long after the game finished. I don't know where it came from, but it departed to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It's owned by a charter company, so no clues there.

May have been related, may not, who knows?!

This post has got the people on vitalvilla talking hopefully they don't start googling Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for billionaires, bless em.

I could start a rumour because a big expensive private jet arrived at BHX Saturday late morning and departed not long after the game finished. I don't know where it came from, but it departed to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It's owned by a charter company, so no clues there.

This post has got the people on vitalvilla talking hopefully they don't start googling Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for billionaires, bless em.

Why not mate? your post was good thinking... chap who wanted and was close to buying Liverpool  a few years back is from there..

Prince Faisal bin Fahad bin Abdullah is his name! 

Prince_Faisal_bin_F_897608a.jpg

• Like 1

I would say 99.9% absolutely no chance.

Â