The Randy Lerner thread

CI

What a disgusting thing to ask. Autism is not a stick to beat somebody with. Disgusting.

Furthermore - why do you think being autistic is a bad thing? I didn't say anything like that. 

Even if BJ10 was autistic, it is NOTHING to do with his point. People with autism are targeted constantly because people do not understand it, and it doesn't help when people throw it at others on a public forum.

Guzan > Sorensen

Bouma > Luna

Cahill > Baker

Delaney > Lowton

Mellberg > Clark

Laursen > Vlaar

We also had Hughes, Ridgewell and JL Samuel as defenders.

1 now - 5 then.

Barry > Westwood

Delph > Berger

McCann > KEA

Whittingham > Sylla

Bacuna > Davis

Hendrie > Tonev

2 now - 4 then.

We also had Djemba-Djemba, Milner on loan, and Craig Gardner.

Gabby > Gabby (which is better, back then I think, raw and exciting)

Benteke > Angel

Kozak > Baros

Moore > Weimann (hard that choice)

Holt > Phillips

3 now - 2 then.

So why did we finish 16th that season then?

David O'Leary.

So with a poorer squad, Lambert's doing a good job then, right?

But this conversation was about the quality of our squad and what was spent before Lerner came along, the facts are true - we had a better squad back then.

As for Lambert doing a good job, he has made a lot of mistakes - and even though the budget has restricted him more than other managers (perhaps with the exception of Pardew, this season, although Pardew has build a better squad over the past two years and spent more). This does not mean Lambert is doing a good job. Stoke is a perfect example of where Lambert has gone wrong.

What concerns me is if we make a profit will he put it back into the club or lower our debts to enable a sale.

Lower debts.

Nobody is saying that Lambert's doing a particularly good job. 

And it's a bit much to talk about facts when that squad finished 16th. 

And 10th the season before, your point is?

The squad was different the previous season. 

Nobody is saying that Lambert's doing a particularly good job. 

And it's a bit much to talk about facts when that squad finished 16th. 

And 10th the season before, your point is?

The squad was different the previous season. 

The squad was very similar - Hitz left us, Vassell too, Solano was in, instead of Milner, but the basis of the team was exactly the same. Let's not forget, this argument was about the fact that we had less money and value in the team pre-Lerner. I beg to differ.

We had less money and value compared to the squads from 2007-2012, that's inarguable. We're building a squad at the moment, it's clearly not the finished article. 

Well, we better hope the money is put forward to allow us to improve, and not just do 'just enough' to survive.

I think it will be but not quite as quickly as some want - 20mil (more or less the same as the last 2 summer windows) in the summer, 3 quality players, that would make a big difference to us. 

What a disgusting thing to ask. Autism is not a stick to beat somebody with. Disgusting.

Was just thinking the same. What a strange thing to post.
Somebody mentioned autism, quick jump on their post as if they were being derogatory!!!!!! Pathetic.

You don't seem to understand that people see promise in Lambert, because of more than hope and blind faith. Signing Benteke and Vlaar, getting the best out of Guzan, beating Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City, and doing it all with a tight budget while costcutting at the same time. There have been many poor results too, but I don't see anyone jumping on you, claiming that you are 'blindly' criticising him. Take your blinkers off for once.

• Like 1

Somebody mentioned autism, quick jump on their post as if they were being derogatory!!!!!! Pathetic.

You don't seem to understand that people see promise in Lambert, because of more than hope and blind faith. Signing Benteke and Vlaar, getting the best out of Guzan, beating Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City, and doing it all with a tight budget while costcutting at the same time. There have been many poor results too, but I don't see anyone jumping on you, claiming that you are 'blindly' criticising him. Take your blinkers off for once.

No, sorry, it's just blind faith. DISMISSED. 

• Like 1

Take my blinkers off? Haha have you watched us much over 2 years? Have you seen the points totals and league positions?

Clinging on to a handful of positives from an abysmal 2 years is more blinkered than anything I've posted. Keep cheering on survival.

Take my blinkers off? Haha have you watched us much over 2 years? Have you seen the points totals and league positions?

Clinging on to a handful of positives from an abysmal 2 years is more blinkered than anything I've posted. Keep cheering on survival.

Yes, I've been to every home game and a selection of away games. Have you conveniently wiped all memories of good performances, wins, tactical decisions and signings? Because you seem to ignore them all, and only focus on the depressing.

I've seen our points total and league position, but because I haven't got my head stuck in the record books, like you, I've also seen how tight the league has been and the fact that we currently have Okore, Benteke, Kozak, N'Zogbia, Delph, El Ahmadi and Gabby injured.

If by 'keep cheering on survival', you mean keep supporting the team, then yes I will.

People booed when Tonev came on Yesterday. People like me need to try to counteract the fu*kwits in our support.

Have you conveniently wiped all memories of good performances, wins, tactical decisions and signings? Because you seem to ignore them all, and only focus on the depressing.

Because when you lose nearly 50% of your games and the vast majority are piss poor performances the odd moment of good doesn't mean much. We beat chelsea away under McLeish but that doesn't mean much when the rest is awful shit.

Our points totals over 2 seasons don't reflect the positive image you've created in your head. And then you have the nerve to tell others to take their blinkers off.

Dodgy knees I didn't mention it because I couldn't be bothered, like I said read back through the thread for answers.

As for autismgate get over yourself he asked a none derogatory question that would explain your behavioural patterns end of story.

Dodgy knees I didn't mention it because I couldn't be bothered, like I said read back through the thread for answers.

As for autismgate get over yourself he asked a none derogatory question that would explain your behavioural patterns end of story.

It would explain behavioural problems?

Wow.

I've worked with kids with autism and would never throw it at somebody because they apparently have 'behavioural problems'

Disgusting.

Like chanting FFP over and over again?

Â