The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I think we will have new ownership in the summer.

I hope so.
I hope that we have better ownership.

I don't hope for change for change's sake, as that could be fraught with disaster.

Under Lerner I've witnessed:

The worst start to a premiership season.

Two of the worst premiership years we've had.

Most goals conceded in a single season for over 20 years.

3 consecutive games that saw us lose 15-0.

Us lose by the joint largest margin in the history of the club.

I'm happy to gamble on change for the sake of change because I doubt it would get worse.

We have also qualified for Europe been to Cup Finals Won at Old Trafford and others. You can pick good things and bad things about most owners. The previous incumbent over saw a relegation and a splitting up of a European Cup winning team. The grass isn't always greener so when the better times arrive enjoy it as it may not last forever. As said before I'm all for a better owner but don't want a new one for the sake of it.

• Like 2

I'm sure it's not as simple as this but I googled 'how much are Red Bull worth?' It came up with figures like 5 Billion and thinking if they'd have to spread that wealth between all their interests, maybe  It wouldn't make us that powerful in terms of finance. Although I did read that they're one of the fastest growing companies in the world.

Besides I've convinced myself that Red Bull will not be purchasing us, but I do think someone will, soonish.

You didn't think £5 billion was enough to spread about, that's a phenomenal amount of money.

I'm sure it's not as simple as this but I googled 'how much are Red Bull worth?' It came up with figures like 5 Billion and thinking if they'd have to spread that wealth between all their interests, maybe  It wouldn't make us that powerful in terms of finance. Although I did read that they're one of the fastest growing companies in the world.

Besides I've convinced myself that Red Bull will not be purchasing us, but I do think someone will, soonish.

You didn't think £5 billion was enough to spread about, that's a phenomenal amount of money.

Five Billion is an unfathomably large number for me and I'd imagine most people. I just meant to mean that I don't think people should expect Man City or Chelsea type power, but then again I suppose they have more than money and like I say they'll probably be worth a lot more as time goes on.

Edited by useless

I don't want a Man City type transition, just somebody who can spend 40/50m a year and not worry about it, I don't want to go through these past 3 years again.

I do.

This time I want to go through it with somebody who can afford it though !

Villa don't need a wealthy owner, just an intelligent and shrewd one. The club makes enough money to sustain a top half prem side.

I'm not sure any side makes enough money to sustain a top half prem side - clubs aren't self sustaining in this league if they want to be even the slightest bit competitive.

I might not have thought this out very well, but I'd like a Man City type owner to get us where we want to be real quick I don't like Chelsea and CIty winning loads of trophies and catching up with us.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I think we've got the right man for the job in Paul Lambert and Lerner is quite a nice owner to have in the grand scheme of things, so in an ideal world I'd just like Lerner to stay and invest once more. But he probably won't.

• Like 4

I might not have thought this out very well, but I'd like a Man City type owner to get us where we want to be real quick I don't like Chelsea and CIty winning loads of trophies and catching up with us.

I know it may come across as shallow to many but I agree with you. I want us to be relevant again.

So the guy reckons the buyers are from Japan. As said above he gets a lot of stick for being wrong about most things, however HH the other guy with a corporate box said there a was a group of Japanese business men at the Arsenal game, but he wasn't sure what for. This was backed up on the villablog by the owner of that site and a regular poster, they are unsure of who is buying us but that it's at a stage where offers are being made.

Another rumour was that a decent signing will be made this window but funded by the new owners.

I imagine most is bull, but I think it's looking like we are Defo in for a change of ownership sooner or later.

So the guy reckons the buyers are from Japan. As said above he gets a lot of stick for being wrong about most things, however HH the other guy with a corporate box said there a was a group of Japanese business men at the Arsenal game, but he wasn't sure what for. This was backed up on the villablog by the owner of that site and a regular poster, they are unsure of who is buying us but that it's at a stage where offers are being made.

Another rumour was that a decent signing will be made this window but funded by the new owners.

I imagine most is bull, but I think it's looking like we are Defo in for a change of ownership sooner or later.

I have heard a South American group are interested.  ;) Anybody know more?

I wish I was as confident as some as you that he's selling up this summer.

Well all the signs point to him selling up with his extreme cost cutting measures

I would be shocked if he wasn't

The big wages bomb squad smokescreen is almost over

Maradona CEO..and his 'south american' backers.. from Colombia. Juan Pablo Angel will be manager.. before anyone PM's me for details. I cant... Heard it here first. #ITK

No, no all wrong. My source tells me Maradona would be appointed VMF Head Chef.  :)

• Like 2

I know it may come across as shallow to many but I agree with you. I want us to be relevant again.

I think we would all like to be relevant. But I for one, don't want it when it's just paid for. Everything man city or Chelsea wins is not from hard work and devoted fans, it's from rich people buying whatever trinket they want. I'm not interested in supporting some rich guys ego. I picked villa because they were blue collar. We've gotten where we are by support and hard work of blue collar fans. Our history of one with real struggle, including relegation, and dizzying heights as hard working underdogs.

Maybe it's just an American thing but I doubt it. If Lerner sells, and I prefer that he would not. I hope it's not to some mega million moneybags, either corporate, or individual. I want us to succeed, because we work hard, we buy smart, we manage well, because our fans work hard to support and motivate the players, where the players love the club for what it is and what it represents, not because of the outrageous salary it pays them.... Sorry to be dramatic, but that's MY Villa

One last thing, the big clubs have huge international followings, but even their fans are shallow. Tagged on to someone else's success. Footballing morons. No thanks, I don't want those fans any more than I want the ego driven owner that paid for them.

Maybe that's just me,

• Like 2

Maradona CEO..and his 'south american' backers.. from Colombia. Juan Pablo Angel will be manager.. before anyone PM's me for details. I cant... Heard it here first. #ITK

No, no all wrong. My source tells me Maradona would be appointed VMF Head Chef.  :)

All wrong? No Juan Pablo? Bloody hell. Better not be Alex Pablo MCleishio as manager.

• Like 1

Â