Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

got to be a starter next season with westwood

the only decision is who is going to be the centre attacking mid playing behind benteke? if we dont sign anybody id prefer nzogbia, but from whats been said on here, he cant drift out of games?

I actually thought Sunday was his worse game for us so far, tried a lot of lofted passes that didn't come off and had a few heavy touches as well. Hope it's just a one off

Agreed in a sense, quite a few of those passes didn't come off, but good to see him having a go with them since normally he seems a bit timid to go for the long balls. I guess with the pressure off he was given a bit more freedom to try out some different types of passing.

• 4 weeks later...

Sylla played 90 mins in Mali's 2-2 draw with Benin today!!! Guess we won't be calling him French any more!! Only draw back of this is we will lose him now in African Cup of Nations

Played the whole match too. Probably the smart choice to play for Mali instead of France. He would need to have an amazing season just to even be considered for France. 

Edited by Czechlad

shit... Do Mali qualify regularly for ACoN?

If so, hopefully we get another midfielder who can play defensively as I thought he was key towards the end of last season.

They do yes. Semi finalists three times in the last decade. We don't have to worry about it till 2015 mind.

I like Sylla, a lot. I think he's going to be a fine player.

shit... Do Mali qualify regularly for ACoN?

If so, hopefully we get another midfielder who can play defensively as I thought he was key towards the end of last season.

They do yes. Semi finalists three times in the last decade. We don't have to worry about it till 2015 mind.

I like Sylla, a lot. I think he's going to be a fine player.

To be honest I wish our players all the best with their international efforts, its hard to embrace it when our internationals don't give a shit but other countries do take pride in it.

He explained why he chose Mali in an interview I posted ages ago after he just joined us, rather than continuing his French career (after being in their U21 team).

Good on the lad, he's a sound guy for a premier league footballer, think he's gonna be great for us next season.

• 4 weeks later...

We've dip-dyed him 

0,,10265~12065950,00.jpg

Oh and while I'm here, from page 2

lol, no point getting excited, if its true, he wont make the ounce of difference at all, he wont save us from relegation, just another arrogant french cu nt looking for the money, plus the fact hes young hes got as much experience as the smack rats in our youth set up, give it a couple of months he will go back to france on loan, somewhere like lyon

EDIT: cant see why you are all saying hes the DM we need, yes we need a DM, but we need one with experience, who can pick out a pass, lead the attack and turn a game around, that sort of thing costs money

next...

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :clap:
Edited by StefanAVFC

We've dip-dyed him 

0,,10265~12065950,00.jpg

Oh and while I'm here, from page 2

lol, no point getting excited, if its true, he wont make the ounce of difference at all, he wont save us from relegation, just another arrogant french cu nt looking for the money, plus the fact hes young hes got as much experience as the smack rats in our youth set up, give it a couple of months he will go back to france on loan, somewhere like lyon

EDIT: cant see why you are all saying hes the DM we need, yes we need a DM, but we need one with experience, who can pick out a pass, lead the attack and turn a game around, that sort of thing costs money

next...

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :clap:

WOW! that's pretty embarrassing!

next...

Thats pretty weepable :'(

• Like 1

Â