Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I dont' think it's a coincidence that our form improved when Sylla came into the team and Bannan was sidelined.

I disagree-N'Zog was playing in that position when we began to turn the corner.I do think that the way we play requires someone solid like Sylla in there though.

As for the song-The Sylla one is great but in general,its a song sung by this new craze "ultra" type of people & I can't get my head around it all tbh-Celtic,St Pauli,Brigada 1874? whats the connection? It seems a bit political to me.

I think you're reading way too much into it. The original appears to have no political connotation whatsoever.

• Like 1

I dont' think it's a coincidence that our form improved when Sylla came into the team and Bannan was sidelined.

I disagree-N'Zog was playing in that position when we began to turn the corner.I do think that the way we play requires someone solid like Sylla in there though.

As for the song-The Sylla one is great but in general,its a song sung by this new craze "ultra" type of people & I can't get my head around it all tbh-Celtic,St Pauli,Brigada 1874? whats the connection? It seems a bit political to me.

I think you're reading way too much into it. The original appears to have no political connotation whatsoever.

Brigada 1874 are a bunch of raving far lefties who should leave their politics away from Villa Park-Their connections with Celtic is not something to shout from the rooftops about either-Especially in light of the despicable acts and songs that were sung at Brentford yesterday.So no-I am not reading too much into it but accept that this is not the thread to argue in.

Not the Brigada/Ultras argument again...

Spoke to someone who has been out in Germany watching villa - Reckoned that Sylla has looked really, really good. Did well in hia few games last season - and still seemed to be improving ......has lambert plucked another gem here ?

I believe so, I think he was an absolute bargin.

For what we paid for (and are paying) him, if he only contributed to one win, he'd be more or less a bargain.

Brigada 1874 are a bunch of raving far lefties who should leave their politics away from Villa Park-Their connections with Celtic is not something to shout from the rooftops about either-Especially in light of the despicable acts and songs that were sung at Brentford yesterday.So no-I am not reading too much into it but accept that this is not the thread to argue in.

I'm just not sure where this particular song comes into any of that.

I'm just not sure where this particular song comes into any of that.

For me personally,I don't like to hear Villa fans singing Celtic/St Pauli shit.We have our own identity & I don't like people trying to associate us with those clubs.

Likewise I didn't like all the "we don't care about Wigan" stuff on the last day as this is a Blues song

That's just how I am.

• Like 1

The Brigada-bunch sit in Lower Holte (I think), just below where I sit in Upper Holte. Tbf, they do start off quite a few chants and keep the atmosphere going when others have gone quiet.

Other than the photos on the internet of them wearing masks, making them look like a group of prats out for a fight, I've never heard of any trouble from them. It's usually banners, songs and generally supporting the team.

Not liking Sylla's song because the tune is the same as other club's songs even though it has absolutely nothing to do with politics?  :wacko:

Does that mean whenever somebody sings a song we sing, with politic lyrics we should boycott it?

Weird considering it's not a 'Celtic/St Pauli' song. They're just 2 clubs that sing it. In a similar way that all clubs sing 'We're by the far the greatest team, the world has ever seen'

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

The Brigada-bunch sit in Lower Holte (I think), just below where I sit in Upper Holte. Tbf, they do start off quite a few chants and keep the atmosphere going when others have gone quiet.

Other than the photos on the internet of them wearing masks, making them look like a group of prats out for a fight, I've never heard of any trouble from them. It's usually banners, songs and generally supporting the team.

I just looked on their forum and there definitely is a far-left political slant. I hope they keep that shit out of VP - politics has no place in football.

All they do in Villa park is sing chant and have banners in the top corner of the lower Holte. 

The Sylla song is sung by so many football teams. It became really popular in the championship last season and has now spilled over into the premier league - I don't see a problem with it. 

We have songs that we sing that other teams sing as well... 

I just looked on their forum and there definitely is a far-left political slant. I hope they keep that shit out of VP - politics has no place in football.
They've been going for three seasons and they have done so far.

It's a bit like saying "I've had a look at VillaTalk and there's a definite liberal slant, I hope they keep that shit out of VP."

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

They've been going for three seasons and they have done so far.

It's a bit like saying "I've had a look at VillaTalk and there's a definite liberal slant, I hope they keep that shit out of VP."

VT don't go to games as a group, and if we did I doubt we'd bring politics into it. I sit in the lower North anyway so I have no idea what they sing about. If they keep it football related then it's all good.

Exactly my point.

If VT did go to games as a group I'd expect us to keep politics out of the chanting and singing etc. just as Brigada1874 do. What we chat about in the pub afterwards is entirely up to us.

I know you're agreeing Mantis, I'm just emphasising the point. We shouldn't want to exclude a group of people because of their political views, unless of course they're particularly damaging to others (as in illegal). That in itself would be a political movement.

Each to their own.

I sit right in where 'the brigada' sit, they're a pain in the arse to be honest and purely self publicising and a prime example of the 'better fan' culture, they're more concerned in themselves rather than supporting the team. That said not so sure on the political argument against them!

Not liking Sylla's song because the tune is the same as other club's songs even though it has absolutely nothing to do with politics?  :wacko:

Does that mean whenever somebody sings a song we sing, with politic lyrics we should boycott it?

Weird considering it's not a 'Celtic/St Pauli' song. They're just 2 clubs that sing it. In a similar way that all clubs sing 'We're by the far the greatest team, the world has ever seen'

If you took time to actually read my post properly,you would see that I said that the Sylla song was great.

I kinda like Brigada, I have never picked up any political vibe from them, but if they are... oh well. Our club is supported by the future king, the tory PM and the past head of the bank of england. A few lefties to balance things out would not be the end of the world :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 4

So...

How 'bout that Yacouba Sylla, ey?

Shows quite a bit of promise  :)

So...

How 'bout that Yacouba Sylla, ey?

Shows quite a bit of promise  :)

on of my fav players, ( got to admit I love half the team at the moment but sylla complements westwood so much )

• Like 1

Â