Paul Lambert

Pilchard

1988-9 fourth in div 1

1992-3 third in premiership

and famously went and beat Bayern Munich in the UEFA cup home and away...

Wow, Wiz would have an orgasm if he saw Norwich's brilliance all listed in one place for him.

I can't believe how good Norwich used to be. I am amazed that they never won the European Cup.

You do know our assistant manager was a defender in the most successful ever Norwich team?

Think maybe some ready made players might help the cause more. We need some players who will give us something now, not some hope that in a few games this lot will step up a notch...

Silly of me to suggest Laursen then when our assistant manager did so well with Norwich's defence and now ours.

Have you ever watched Laursen talk on sky sports?

He's no coach. It's a shame, but he really isn't.

Have you ever heard Bould speak on Sky Sports?

It's not the way they present themselves on TV that matters, its more to do with what they do on the training pitch but I nevertheless understand your point.

Do you not think a defensive coach would help?

why is everyone so adamant to find a single person to blame? i think its a collective thing where the manager (previous and current), players, owners and even to some extent the fans have to take some of the blame for the shit performances we have produced.

And i think what someone said about getting in a defensive coach wouldnt be a bad idea, anyone that has played any sport above hobby level knows that the best way of improving is to play with others who are better than yourself. In our case where everyone is sheit getting an old experienced player in to both help out during training and give the kids pointers aswell as helping out with tactics will benefit us. I dont see this as a threat to lamberts possition, if he did i rather think it would show him beeing proactive and doing something about the issues we have, rather that then have someone who just ignores the problem and continues digging us deeper into the shit. Maybe just as a temporary possition?

less bickering, more discussions on how to get out of this sheit!

drpGk.jpg

We shouldn't sack Lambert after only 6 months (who better would you realistically bring in) but IMO if I don't see any experience brought in January we are going down and having a second city derby again, which I wouldn't mind seeing, only if Birmingham get promoted which looks very very unlikely at the minute. I blame yesterday's defeat on Lambert sticking to that stupid 3-5-2 formation, where a team with any pace e.g. Kone and Wigan will exploit and him also not playing Westwood instead deciding Ireland would be a better option, is deluded for an understatement.

Ok, the way out of this shit

Lambert needs to drop this narrow 352 532 bollocks

We need our injured players back - Vlaar Gabby zog Bent ASAP

We need 2 or 3 astute quality experienced signings in Jan - £20 to £30m Randy please

Play Bent and Benteke together up top, get some wingers supply them and they will score

I've still got full confidence in Lambert but he really needs to show his skill in the transfer market. That doesn't mean panic buying inappropriate players on silly contracts that will damage us in the long term again. We need Bent back scoring goals too so whatever bollocks has been going on needs sorting out.

I've still got full confidence in Lambert but he really needs to show his skill in the transfer market. That doesn't mean panic buying inappropriate players on silly contracts that will damage us in the long term again. We need Bent back scoring goals too so whatever bollocks has been going on needs sorting out.

His record at us has been very good so far - I'm not worried about him doing that at all.

I'm less confident about his signings. Benteke looks top class but the rest have looked just ok.

Westwood has looked good in games but I wonder if that's because we're used to having to watch shit. Would Westwood currently start week in week out for a team in the top half? I'm not so sure he would.

The same goes for Lowton, he's been a bit hit and miss recently and like Westwood does he look good because of the shit before him? Again would he be playing week in week out for a top half team?

Bennet looks miles off the pace and KEA already looks a complete flop.

Vlaar has looked decent but IMO not a massive step up from what we had before.

Bowery was a complete waste of a signing so far, although i blame Lerner for that, as who could we realistically get for the fee and wages involved in that deal?

I thought after the Liverpool game that things with these players had clicked and we could start to see their full potential come out but TBH Lowton and Westwood look better than our own shit youth players but i question how good they currently really are.

Obviously the potential in those players is there but it's no guarantee they will fulfil it with us and so I hope we have a completely different approach in January.

If our approach in the summer was so good why are we now relying on January to save our entire season?

The summer was only the first part of the rebuilding phase, did you really expect things to turn around this quickly? I think a lot of us expected us to be flirting with relegation come January before having a run towards the end of the season as Lambert's philosophy took hold and we brought in a few more faces. That is still on the cards.

Are we really in a position to try and mock a Norwich fan?

The summer was only the first part of the rebuilding phase, did you really expect things to turn around this quickly? I think a lot of us expected us to be flirting with relegation come January before having a run towards the end of the season as Lambert's philosophy took hold and we brought in a few more faces. That is still on the cards.

I expected it to be a struggle.

I didn't expect us to reach record lows and be worse than last year when we had one of the worst managers in the history of the club.

Delfouneso, Bannan, Albrighton, Lichaj all need to bugger off. They havnt made the grade. They are not of the right quality for AVFC to progress. Sell them.

Baker, Clark, Weimann, Herd can still offer something to the squad. Good players to have at our disposal.

Stevens, Bennett, Bowery, Carruthers all need longer to show what they have got. If they haven't got it after another season - get rid

Westwood, Lowton, Benteke are three players for the future. We must hold onto them. They should be the beginning of a new core.

Ireland - when does his contract end? I don't really understand what his job role is, freaking useless. Get rid.

Guzan, Given - keep both for the time being. No need to **** around with this position just yet.

Vlaar - seems ok. Though not brilliant. Worth seeing what he has for a 2nd season. Perhaps will work well with baker or Clark - of both if we continue with this three at the back thing.

El Ahmadi - don't really know. Hasn't adjusted yet but could come good. He is without doubt a good player. Another season as a Villa player, no progress- get rid.

Agbonlahor - runs a lot but what else does he really do? Doesn't score, create or command the players when captain. Get rid.

Bent - top finisher. That is all. Doesn't bring anything else to the table. Get rid.

Makoun - **** waste of money. Get rid.

N'Zogbia - lazy bastard, again don't really understand his job role when he manages to make it onto the pitch? Get rid.

Holman - works hard and has scored a few with a couple of assists. Keep for another year, a good squad player.

If no player shows any pride between now and the end of the season those players should be sacked/sold without hesitation. Many players from what I saw yesterday are treading on thin ice.

Face it, the start he has had with us has been a disaster and I'm not happy for the club to persist with a stubborn, tactically naive manager if it means relegation. I don't think he knows what he is doing, either.

He said from day one that this was a massive project. His start was not a disaster, although the last three games have been

I guess it depends on where, at the start of the season, you imagined we would be by now. I imagined that we would be about 15th at this stage and that we would improve towards mid-table by the end of the season - so we are worse than I imagined but we still have time to turn things around. If you thought that Lambert would come in and we would be comfortably mid-table by now then I guess either Lambert is a shit manager or you underestimated the job he took on

In some ways, if we are to suffer a severe dip in form, best that it comes now, before the transfer window

He wasn't my first choice, but I believe Lambert is a top-ten manager and I still think he is the right man for the job. He took over an absolute shambles from McL and a bad run of injuries have decimated what was to begin with a very poor squad. He needs substantial backing in the window or we are in trouble

I expected more from Lambert but maybe that shows the size of the task was even bigger than realised - sacking managers after half a season (some people were calling for his head after 9 games) can't be the way forward. You don't turn from being a good manager to being a bad one overnight.