Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Big win today. I wasn't at the game but sounds like a 4-3-3. I'm a little surprised he changed the formation again but I can't argue with the decision to drop the Zog. I really, really hope he sticks with the same team for the QPR game now. It will be a huge game, I'm looking forward to it.

I also wouldn't go too over the top. I look at the Reading team today and say to myself, 'wow, they don't have a single premier league player'. By which I mean, if they go down, which they will, I can't see any of their players attracting bids from premier league teams.

Credit where it is due. He got us set up and playing exactly how we needed to today - and we reaped the rewards.

Our defense is scarily shaky (where would we be without Guzan?), but I thought our midfield and front line worked well.

Got it right today and should be commended for that and indeed over the past few weeks where he has dumped the previous system.

I had previously suspected that he'd lost the dressing room but it's quite evident from recent performances that the players are playing for the manager so i was talking bollocks again. :P  

Got it right today and should be commended for that and indeed over the past few weeks where he has dumped the previous system.

I had previously suspected that he'd lost the dressing room but it's quite evident from recent performances that the players are playing for the manager so i was talking bollocks again. :P  

Could you please state that there is no way we will beat QPR ;)

If he keeps us up this year will be a remarkable achievement

I really can't understand this way of thinking.

No nor me. Its scandalous that we're in this position. They'll be no celebration if we survive this season, just relief. PL football should be the bare minimum for a club like Villa.

It was always going to be a tough season.

Not many on here thought it would be this bad though. Nothing "remarkable" about keeping a club as big as Villa in the PL though. We're not a Wigan or a Reading etc. we've spent just 12 seasons outside of the top division ever. It should be an absolute minimum that we remain a PL club.

Not many on here thought it would be this bad though. Nothing "remarkable" about keeping a club as big as Villa in the PL though. We're not a Wigan or a Reading etc. we've spent just 12 seasons outside of the top division ever. It should be an absolute minimum that we remain a PL club.

I agree, I got caught up in the Lambert hysteria and thought we would be mid table.. Soon accepted that this season is about survival and then next season will be challenging the top half.. Considering we just survived last year, I don't thinks its any great surprise we are struggling again. 

I agree, I got caught up in the Lambert hysteria and thought we would be mid table.. Soon accepted that this season is about survival and then next season will be challenging the top half.. Considering we just survived last year, I don't thinks its any great surprise we are struggling again. 

This season has been much worse than last, and a lot of it is down to Lambert's mainly awful signings. Nothing "successful" about Lambert keeping us up.

It shows how far our expectations have dropped in the last few seasons when people on other threads are celebrating the fact that we beat Reading 1-2. 

FFS, A few seasons ago beating a team like Reading by only 1 goal would certainly not be a reason to celebrate?! 

It shows how far our expectations have dropped in the last few seasons when people on other threads are celebrating the fact that we beat Reading 1-2. 

FFS, A few seasons ago beating a team like Reading by only 1 goal would certainly not be a reason to celebrate?! 

I don't really think that's a good comparison. A few seasons ago we would have been happy beating Reading 2-1 away just as we are happy beating them 2-1 away now.

I don't really think that's a good comparison. A few seasons ago we would have been happy beating Reading 2-1 away just as we are happy beating them 2-1 away now.

This. And the thing before sums up PussEKatt's grasp on the game. 

We have a good manager here who has made almost entirely good signings and is in process of turning us around from such an awful mess.

(and I have said it from the start all the way to now, all through christmas and everything that has happened)

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1