Paul Lambert

Pilchard

If Lambert gets sacked, this could be the last royal **** up that Lerner has left to do.

Who does he think he will be able to get in that is going to take on the mighty challenge that Lambert has started?

The most important 6 days of the season are the next 6. I think that this time should be 100% concentrated on getting in the players we need... absolutely not to discuss the manager and whether he should or shouldn't go. The 1st Feb would be a much better day to kick him if he is to be kicked... 

Villa is being run by people with the same intelligence as Jordan.

Well if you care what other fans of football teams think - (really) - then you need to get out more. 

Pop to the ashley Westwood thread - See how rated he is on here - God only knows why.  (not world class like, im not sure where youve got that from).

Where did I say I cared about what other fan's think? Why you making shit up? You mentioned ashley westwood who in my opinion isn't ready for the first team so I don't need to visit that thread. And just to put you straight. I go out plenty fella if you have a look I haven't posted anywhere near as much as you. ;)

Just seeing on Twitter that he ignored Mat Kendrick or something like that in the presser, childish stuff, if he is to continue his reign then he needs to get some press training ASAP because his body language and now mugging off a local journalist isn't good at all.

On SSN now he described the corner they scored from as 'bog standard', which is what many of these set pieces are and it leaves a huge arguement as to why they hell we keep letting goals in from them and not improving whatsoever.

Can you paraphrase?

Lambert was asked by Murphy  if he was finding it hard to sleep at the moment

Lambert replied .. no problems at all I just listen to tapes of your press conferences

Murphy then said .... your just as dour as me and i do the same

it was like my dads bigger than your dad you did when you were 6

Lambert replied .. no problems at all I just listen to tapes of your press conferences

you are only 5 foot 6 tony :-)

Where did I say I cared about what other fan's think? Why you making shit up? You mentioned ashley westwood who in my opinion isn't ready for the first team so I don't need to visit that thread. And just to put you straight. I go out plenty fella if you have a look I haven't posted anywhere near as much as you. ;)

You said you did

In reply to you saying 'Other English football fans have accepted were down' - I said 'Who gives a **** what other fans think'. To which you reply - 'Us **** Villa fans'.

The reference to Westwood was to highlight that Villa fans can sometimes talk shit - in response to you saying 'villa fans have accepted were down'.

Thats quite amusing what Lambert said.

Hmmmm lots of people saying things.... this is one of them...

Football_Consultant1

‏@Football_Consu1

Lambert has offered to resign this evening. But, he has been told to stay put. He doesn't believe players are good enough. #avfc

Isn't that the same gobshite 'consultant' who was linking us to loads of players recently?

I just don't see Lambert resigning. Managers rarely ever resign these days, he'd be mad to lose the fortune he'd make from being sacked and I also don't believe he'd resign off the back of 'players not good enough', he's a guy who got Norwich to 12th in the Prem with League 1 players. Doesn't add up for me. As lost as he looks at the moment, he's not Jose Mourinho, he's still a young manager who needs to improve his standing in the game - I'm sure he'd still very much like and appreciate to be in control of a club this size even if in the Championship. 

Tonights game was not the priority, we know that because Bent played!

We aren't going to win the FA Cup this season, so better out earlier than later. Just difficult because of the other cup disaster this week (although I think the real disaster was the first leg).

Tuesday against Newcastle is more important, then Saturday against Everton.

From then on its one game a week. This should mean there is more time to focus on defending during training, surely it can only improve. :unsure:

Our attack is ok, if the defensive side improves, results should improve.

I think we should stick with Paul Lambert at least until the end of the season.

As for the issue of local media, he isn't the first manager to fall out with members of the press, Ferguson does it all the time.  

Most of us get sick of hearing the same bland answers all the time, Lambert is probably sick of the same questions all the time.

The papers are not there as the "voice of the fans", they are there to sell papers, and the stories reflect that.