Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert has made one pointless signing - El Ahmadi... he's not a bad player but he's the wrong kind of player, and the budget should not have been blown on him.

He cost £2m so he didn't blow the budget on him, you do post some utter crap.

I'm guessing Lambert didn't realise how good Bannan was

Had he done so I think he might have signed another midfielder.

Signed 3 defenders and we have the worst defence in the league.

Not sure that deserves any praise.

Glad to hear we played such good stuff yesterday for the first half but after the Liverpool game I'm going to need more than a good half to regain my faith that Lambert will be a top manager here.

Con are you Bannan. I watched him in detail against west brom and he has lost all his awareness, contributes nothing to the team. Get Ireland back in, what does this guy have to go to get a run of games. No wonder Ireland is off his game having Bannan play instead of him, my god Id be pretty pissed if he was played in front of me!

Con are you Bannan. I watched him in detail against west brom and he has lost all his awareness, contributes nothing to the team. Get Ireland back in, what does this guy have to go to get a run of games. No wonder Ireland is off his game having Bannan play instead of him, my god Id be pretty pissed if he was played in front of me!

I disagree with your reading of the game.

Bannan should never have been brought on.

We needed a defensive midfielder in his position to protect the 1 goal lead away from home.

Bannan is the furthest you can get from a defensive midfielder, as a midfielder.

I disagree with your reading of the game.

Bannan should never have been brought on.

We needed a defensive midfielder in his position to protect the 1 goal lead away from home.

Bannan is the furthest you can get from a defensive midfielder, as a midfielder.

Once again, you do not know he was put on the pitch to play a defensive role. That is just your conclusion, it could be he was put on to push us forward and yet again failed to do it.

He was obviously brought on to push for another goal, he couldn't even do this, the amount of times he was caught in possesion and lost the ball. People say Westwood is better and he only has about 25 premier league games under his belt, Bannan has 70, no excuses!!

If we get relegated or stay up with less than the points total we had last season does that make Lambert the worst manager we have had since we were promoted in the late 1980's and even worse than dreaded McLeish?

Bannan was superb against Bradford in the first leg, creating five chances which various players wasted.

We have to start our most creative players on Tuesday because we need the goals.

Bannan was brought on against West Brom when we needed to bring on a defensive midfielder. It doesn't matter what Lambert wanted Bannan's effect to be, he put the wrong player in that position.

It is Lambert's judgement not Bannan's ability that should be under the microscope.

If we get relegated or stay up with less than the points total we had last season does that make Lambert the worst manager we have had since we were promoted in the late 1980's and even worse than dreaded McLeish?

It depends doesn't it on if he stays and if he does how we get on in the season/seasons to follow under him. You can't really judge someones reign until its over.

I question Lambert's judgement every time he plays Bannan.

Get a new manager in who will look at the squad with no preconceived ideas?

Lambert's reputation is hitched to the success of his youth policy. If it's going wrong he's more likely to go down with the ship than pull the plug.

Best mixed metaphor ever.

Bannan was superb against Bradford in the first leg, creating five chances which various players wasted.

Being half scottish I have been a supporter of Bannan for a while. However, I have come to think this year that he is missing the pace needed to make up for his stature. I'm just saying this because I have read your posts (and I want to say this with it understood I would love it if Bannan did well) but the only logical explanation for your stance is that you're his mother or his gran or something.

Bannan was not superb against Bradford. I had him down as a massive weak link in that game. He gave the ball away numerous times and was a non-entity in midfield.

How can you say anyone was superb against Bradford? It was a terrible game.