Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Difference was last year at this point we looked safe.If your going to sake a manager best time is whem the new guy can buy players.

There's no time for a new manager to come in, assess the squad, and then buy the players he feels he needs. You know how slow our board are with finding a manager. It will be March before we've appointed anyone.

A change of ideas could improve us enough to survive. A change of manager could get more out of our players or organise the defence better.

At the moment I'm struggling to see when this improvement is going to happen.

Na we all have to stay behind the team and manager. Only chance we have of staying up imo.

You could bring Ferguson in with Wenger has his assistant and you still wouldn't get this lot to perform consistently and stop conceding goals. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Whoever is manager is going to need substantial funds to sign the 2 or 3 proven quality players we desperately need. I'd still like to see Lambert given that backing.

Edited by markavfc40

I'm not saying I want him sacked. But if things continue i do think there needs to be a point where he'd have to go and we have to try something different to survive.

BJ if we bring in a new manager we are still going to need new players. I really don't see how you could bring in a new manager say middle of next week, he could assess the squad and make the signings necessary for us to stay up. It is too late for that now. If we were going to do away with Lambert it should have been done after Wigan did us over.

The club really need to back Lambert. That for me is the only way we will survive. However with every game that passes without the new signings we desperately need survival becomes less likely.

Edited by markavfc40

BJ if we bring in a new manager we are still going to need new players. I really don't see how you could bring in a new manager say middle of next week, he could assess the squad and make the signings necessary for us to stay up. It is too late for that now. If we were going to do away with Lambert it should have been done after Wigan did us over.

The club really need to back Lambert. That for me is the only way we will survive. However with every game that passes without the new signings we desperately need survival become less likely.

I agree that we need new better players.

But I just think at some point you have to try something different in the hope they can get better out the squad.

Moving this quote from another thread -

He'd do better if he had the necessary protection in the midfield that we don't possess and if Lambert didn't make bizarre choices like playing Weimann wide.

Has he been doing that? Didn't notice. That's another to the list.

Bizarre Lambert List

1. Handing Bent the captaincy. Never struck me as the Mr. Motivator kind. Really surprised me. Didn't surprise me when he later removed it.

2. Not playing Bent, leaving him out of the team totally for what seemed like (probably was) months.

3. Not regularly starting Bannan, our best midfielder.

4. Not regularly starting our best side back, Lichaj. This is not a personal opinion. We've not won a game this season without him (he's been in the team for all 9 games we've won).

5. Playing our worst side back Bennett when Stevens was available, even if he didn't want to play Lichaj, without whom we've not won a game, he could have at least picked Stevens.

6. Dropping our best goalie Guzan for 2 games in the row, extending to the Bradford game

7. Playing Weimann, in his words a "natural finisher", in a wide position.

8. Not signing a defensive midfielder over the summer. Lambert was a DM, does he think they're necessary, or not?

9. Not making any signings in time for the Southampton game.

To be fair ... things he got right

1. Signing Benteke

2. Signing Westwood

3. Signing Vlaar

4. Playing Bannan for more minutes than Ireland

5. Choosing Guzan over Given

6. Noticing Weimann was worth giving more game time.

It would be stupid sacking Lambert.

Why? Hardly been a success and could things get any worse?

He certainly isn't improving us.

Just to throw this in the mix then.

At what point do you say enough is enough then as far as Lambert and results go? Say we get beat on Sat and go out the cup against Bradford on Tues bearing in mind a League 2 club only 2 goals down,at home etc? would people honestly believe Lambert still had the nuts for a fight?

Another thought to throw out there diverting to Tues. I've personally been the last 2 league semis at VP and on both occasions invaded the pitch at the end, memorable times. Would fan's be really up for celebrating with the threat of relegation looming. I really don't know if I could feel proud of the current clearings in the woods wearing the famous claret and blue if we won and reached the final. To do a sha in my mind would be crap. I would much rather keep our top level status. Any thought's though?

At what point do you say enough is enough then as far as Lambert and results go? Say we get beat on Sat and go out the cup against Bradford on Tues bearing in mind a League 2 club only 2 goals down,at home etc? would people honestly believe Lambert still had the nuts for a fight?

Another thought to throw out there diverting to Tues. I've personally been the last 2 league semis at VP and on both occasions invaded the pitch at the end, memorable times. Would fan's be really up for celebrating with the threat of relegation looming. I really don't know if I could feel proud of the current clearings in the woods wearing the famous claret and blue if we won and reached the final. To do a sha in my mind would be crap. I would much rather keep our top level status. Any thought's though?

I'm the last one that wants to change managers again and think Lambert needs time but if we lose to Baggies and get knocked out by Bradford that's about as untenable territory as one can get.

I really want us to survive and for Lambert to be given more time in the summer but i can't see it happening

he's on a hiding to nothing the squad he has is very limited i do not think we have enough quality to stay in the premier league

Iam not a big fan of pitch invasions either

I don't think we should do a pitch invasion if we win. It might give off the wrong impression and besides it is only the league cup it just reeks of lower team stature as it is a massive deal to those sort of clubs.. mind you we could be heading that way anyway....

When we beat Blackburn and did it a few years ago it had more reason behind it of relief and joy of our first final in 14 years!

The current situation we are in I would just be relieved to see a new player come through the door let alone a final!

Lambert has a stubborn personality trait that is leading him to make very bizarre decisions. Can you get away with that at the highest level of management?

How often Alex Ferguson, David Moyes come under such scrutiny for bizarre managerial decisions?

Lambert's in the big league now and frankly he's still acting like a little league manager.

Lambert has a stubborn personality trait that is leading him to make very bizarre decisions. Can you get away with that at the highest level of management?

How often Alex Ferguson, David Moyes come under such scrutiny for bizarre managerial decisions?

Lambert's in the big league now and frankly he's still acting like a little league manager.

I agree why he picks Bannan on a regular basis is mind boggling

sorry i couldn't help myself ;)