Paul Lambert

Pilchard

With Hutton and Warnock I can only guess that their salary includes appearances bonuses the club don't want to pay only reason to have them essentially training with kids whilst paying them first team salaries

I think this must be the case, certainly with Warnock.

And what if let's say his transfer doesn't work out ? what if he turns out like Ireland ? Or we get relegated ?

We're then stuck potentially in the Championship with his additional wages.

Exactly unfortuantly the most recent players we have stuck on high wages have not performed and getting rid of them has been near impossible.

Nabby, I've been thinking the same way! Why would you have all these high earners on the books and not use them when results are so poor? The only conclusion is that they are paid large appearance money and that's how Lambert is doing his part to keep the wage bill down.

With Hutton and Warnock I can only guess that their salary includes appearances bonuses the club don't want to pay only reason to have them essentially training with kids whilst paying them first team salaries

And there was me thinking we were not playing them because they were both shit and a pair of disruptive arseholes...

• Like 1

I didn't say he didnt want them. He would have prefered to sign better players but with the money he had available he thought the players he bought represented value for money

I don't know what the middle bit of your comment means

He hasn't resigned because he knew the situation when he came - that he had to get rid of Warnock, Hutton, Bent, Ireland etc BEFORE he could sign new players

He expected us to do better but has been shocked at how poor the playing staff here turned out to be - much worse than he thought on initial view. Call that his mistake if you like

Have to step in here. You say that Lambert knew he had to get rid of the players you mention. How do you know this? I ask because hasn't Lambert already stated that he doesn't want to sell Bent?

I have noted a lot of statements being put forward as fact but without any foundation.

The bottom line is that he has spent 20m on players who have had no impact on our Premiership status. Has he improved the quality of the squad even? Player for player has there been an improvement in squad quality? He has actually made us worse in first team and squad content.

The performances point to it and the statistics of our season point to it.

You said in previous posts that we would steadily improve when the team had time to gel. Not much evidence of that is there.

It's also not just the poor results Lambert is getting but it is the manner of our defeats which are worrying people.

There is no structure to our play and there is a total lack of any organisation in our defence.

I totally agree with BJ10 when he states that Lambert isn't getting the best out of what's available.

Yes, Sissoko would cost that much over 4 years but who ever see's out a contract now days??

I won't proclaim to know what wages players are on at this club but I'd rather we paid a guy £75,000 per week who actually will add something to the team than 4 or 5 players who are absolute shit - like Bennett, El Ahmadi, Bannan etc...

• Like 1

Yes, Sissoko would cost that much over 4 years but who ever see's out a contract now days??

I won't proclaim to know what wages players are on at this club but I'd rather we paid a guy £75,000 per week who actually will add something to the team than 4 or 5 players who are absolute shit - like Bennett, El Ahmadi, Bannan etc...

Ok, and how much do you think we'd get for Ireland now ?

assuming someone wanted him, do you think it would be a team that could pay his £60k a week ? We're stuck with Ireland until his contract ends in 2014, and we haven't really had 5 good games from him.

Sissoko could just as easily go the same way.

Edited by dukes

Yes, but Sissoko is better than Habib Beye or Heskey.

Really, so there is no risk in signing a 22yo rom france who is apparently demanding wages of £75K per week despite him having only played in the much weaker French league.

Have to step in here. You say that Lambert knew he had to get rid of the players you mention. How do you know this? I ask because hasn't Lambert already stated that he doesn't want to sell Bent?

I have noted a lot of statements being put forward as fact but without any foundation.

The bottom line is that he has spent 20m on players who have had no impact on our Premiership status. Has he improved the quality of the squad even? Player for player has there been an improvement in squad quality? He has actually made us worse in first team and squad content.

The performances point to it and the statistics of our season point to it.

You said in previous posts that we would steadily improve when the team had time to gel. Not much evidence of that is there.

It's also not just the poor results Lambert is getting but it is the manner of our defeats which are worrying people.

There is no structure to our play and there is a total lack of any organisation in our defence.

I totally agree with BJ10 when he states that Lambert isn't getting the best out of what's available.

I can't be arsed arguing anymore tonight

You've got your view, I've got mine - I did think that we would gradually improve but the fact that we haven't tells me it's a tougher job than anyone thought.

Lambert won't be sacked although he might walk if things don't get better. We can then see if the next manager is more to your liking (after he's had 4 or 5 games to bed in obviously) or the one after that or the one after that

• Like 2

Like Dmitar Berbertov? He'd be one who you'd classify as being up "for the fight" is he

First it was the wages and now its his mentality you are questioning.

If Lambert had signed Adam, Diame and Berbatov he wouldn't have needed to be up 'for the fight' as we would probably have been in a better position than we are now.

Even taking Berbatov out of the equation due to wages our obvious weakness in midfield would have been addressed.

Adam/Diame central midfield partnership with Ireland in the hole with Bent upfront and a decent winger purchased instead of Benteke and you think we'd still be in the bottom three?

Nope, neither do I.

I can't be arsed arguing anymore tonight

You've got your view, I've got mine - I did think that we would gradually improve but the fact that we haven't tells me it's a tougher job than anyone thought.

Lambert won't be sacked although he might walk if things don't get better. We can then see if the next manager is more to your liking (after he's had 4 or 5 games to bed in obviously) or the one after that or the one after that

And yet who has been right about Lambert VillaCass.

I stated right from the start of his tenure that my worry was he would build us into another Norwich, a team with endeavor but lacking in quality.

What we have is a team full of neither and actually worse than Norwich.

Pat Murphy@patmurphybbc

PL's job not in danger @AVFCOfficial.RL totally supportive,understand last thing he wants is more turbulence.Makes no sense to drop boss now

No surprise. I don't think anyone expects him to get the sack. I think he will stay unless we are either relegated or we get to a stage this season when it becomes certain we will go down. I am sure we all hope it doesn't get to either of those points. If he is given the backing to bring in the 2 or 3 quality signings we desperately need then I don't think it will.

Edited by markavfc40

An even more frightening thought is that maybe Lambert is actually getting the best out of what is available and if that's the case then we are in really deep shit.

First it was the wages and now its his mentality you are questioning.

If Lambert had signed Adam, Diame and Berbatov he wouldn't have needed to be up 'for the fight' as we would probably have been in a better position than we are now.

Even taking Berbatov out of the equation due to wages our obvious weakness in midfield would have been addressed.

Adam/Diame central midfield partnership with Ireland in the hole with Bent upfront and a decent winger purchased instead of Benteke and you think we'd still be in the bottom three?

Nope, neither do I.

Oh not this shit again.

Wages!!!!! Jesus.

And there was me thinking we were not playing them because they were both shit and a pair of disruptive arseholes...

Yep because we look solid defending the flanks at the moment and the harmony in the camp has never been better!

An even more frightening thought is that maybe Lambert is actually getting the best out of what is available and if that's the case then we are in really deep shit.

I think that is the reality. Still think he's guilty of not setting the team up right a lot of the time.