Paul Lambert

Pilchard

About time he joined it. He lived in denial about how shit we are for long enough.

No I didn't. Up until the Chelsea game we were having a poor season but we were inconsistent and looked promising at times. Since then we've lost 4 out of 5 league games and collected one point while shipping a ridiculous number of goals and scoring only 2. On top of that we were beaten 3-1 by a League 2 side in a cup semi-final. We look gutless and all over the place every game and it's becoming a consistent thing now.

It really is no surprise that so many people have turned over the last 3 weeks.

You seemed exceptionally critical (almost vitriolic in your criticism) of anyone who wasn't precisely on the same page as you (i.e. backing Lambert to the hilt).

I wasn't. I supported Lambert but I wasn't exceptionally critical of anyone that didn't agree with me.

And yes, I did really support Lambert but have you not been following the club lately? It's been an absolutely dreadful 3 weeks and nothing is improving.

It's stupid. I get slaughtered on here for continuing to back a manager the majority don't approve of (e.g. Houllier) yet also get criticised when I stop supporting a manager based on a prolonged run of poor results and form.

It's stupid. I get slaughtered on here for continuing to back a manager the majority don't approve of (e.g. Houllier) yet also get criticised when I stop supporting a manager based on a prolonged run of poor results and form.

It's probably to do with your attitude towards fans who weren't happy earlier and now your attitude towards fans who haven't done a complete 180 turn at the same point as you.

• Like 1

Who's this new manager that's could galvanise us then?

I'd take anyone right now. Even someone like Mark Hughes on a short-term deal could'nt do much worse than the pathetic results Lambert has managed to acheive.

For me I've been quite supportive of our managers, but with each one I have been quite clear when we needed to make a change.

MON - Don't think I ever wanted him out but I remember stupidly thinking we'd be fine without him as we had an owner who would back his managers.

Houllier - Lost me when he had the jizz-a-thon at Anfield.

AMC - I actually gave him a chance but when we started trying to hold on to 1-0 defeats instead of attacking more against crap teams I gave up.

Lambert - I really want/wanted Lambert to be a great manager for us but he's bolloxed it up massively.by making a number of big mistakes this season. We are in this mess because of PL and he needs to be take responsibility. I don't think we could do any worse if we changed manager.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

It's probably to do with your attitude towards fans who weren't happy earlier and now your attitude towards fans who haven't done a complete 180 turn at the same point as you.

My attitude is fine. In fact, I'd say you're more guilty of that than me.

Nothings changed for me - Lambert is a very decent manager in a very bad situation. Not perfect but he has nothing at all to work with. Look elsewhere if you want to criticise

Come on VillaCas.

We have no organisation at the back.

We play formations that don't work.

We play weimman in a wide position.

He has to take some of the blame. Even if it is a small percentage he is still not doing a good enough job.

On another note, how about popping a suit on Lambert rather than sitting in the dugout looking like a stig? You're supposed to be in charge of this leaderless bunch of kids, so try looking like a leader ands stick a suit and tie on. Unless you're coming on to play, which probably couldn't hurt.

• Like 1

I am genuinely struggling to see what benefit we would get from sacking him. There are two possible scenarios as to what can now happen.

Either Lerner will back the manager and allow him the funds in fees and wages to bring in the 2 or 3 players that we need to stay up. Or Lerner will give very limited funds in terms of fees and wages and we will pretty much have to go with what we have.

Either way I think the current manager would offer us the best chance of staying up. He must know better than anybody what is required in terms of personnel so should be in the best position to spend funds if they are given. If not he is the one that has assembled much of this squad and I'd think a lot of the young lads would be devastated if he left. A new manager coming in with this bunch given that many of them are unknown quantities would take weeks to make an assessment of what is needed and how to get the best out of them.

In recent seasons I think a change of manager at this stage would have been beneficial. Under Houllier we had a squad of established players that he simply wasn't getting anything like the best out of. Under McLeish you could pick a number of reasons as to why it simply was never going to work out for him here so could have made a case for replacing him at any stage.

I believe Lambert can save us. We have had a terrible run but still find ourselves comfortably with in reach of safety. If he could get the kind of backing Houllier did two years ago when he was allowed to bring in 4 players, 2 we paid the best part of 30 mill for and 2 on loan, then I believe he could keep us up. If not then I'd hope that with the return of Vlaar and possibly Dunne to shore up the defence with any limited funds he would put it all in to buying a defensive midfielder and hope that would be enough. Realistically though to have a decent chance of staying up he will need significant backing.

Edited by markavfc40

I'm just wondering what Lambert has actually said to the chairman?

'I've watched the lads in training and they're an honest bunch who with just one or two more signings will be alright.' Or 'look Mr Lerner I've really messed up here and have wasted millions of your money on players that as a collective have made us worse than your team was last season so I need another 20m to put it right and in doing so it will increase the wage budget again.'