Paul Lambert

Pilchard

So we're after a defender and physical midfielder!? Wow! That's so ITK! (at least it would be if it wasn't so glaringly obvious).

If they're from England then they will "probably" be part of a swap deal! So, basically, they either will be part of a swap, or won't. Blimey...more great insight.

The squad will be stronger - well of course it will as we'll be spending money on it.

They might or might not go a bit further to get someone. Once again, amazing insight.

Got any more amazing ITK snippets?

Wasn't it posters like yourself that made Mysteryman, TheTrees and Gazton leave/stop posting.

If Hairyhands claims to know a thing or two, let him share it. Don't try and take the piss just because you, like myself and many others, know naff all about what is actually going on at the club behind the scenes.

I appreciate that hariyhands will need to earn some credibility before we can treat him as an actual source of information. How about just waiting to see what happens?

But they're vague, or obvious, statements!

The Trees/Gazton were genuine and posted proper information; not vague nonsense or stuff you could read in any red-top. I never once questioned them.

MM was a charlatan who lived off the days when he used to hear stuff under MON, but he ruined his own reputation by continuing to post crap when he clearly no longer knew anything.

Paul Merson and Alan McInally on SKY are extremely concerned about the plight of Villa and the need to buy good experienced players.

If ever there was a time for our manager to get significant backing it is probably now.

Consistency is also key people!

We need to keep Lambert for a good few years! EVEN IF we are relegated.

Tayls. I understand your point about stability if that's what your driving at but consistency? Say for instance if Lambert continues to be consistently shit for the remainder of the season and does what McTwit didn't do and take us down. Do you honestly think he should be allowed to continue in the job? I differ if that is the case. Villa is still a top club and any manager that cannot keep us in the top flight doesn't deserve the job.

Not sure what you are getting at with your '19 games' statement.

The comparison, which was made in response to an earlier post, was between Villa under various managers and Everton under Moyes since 2002/2003.

It was intended to show that Everton haven't been involved in relegation battles (plural) over the last few years as someone seemed to suggest they have.

You have taken one line from my post out of context. Hardly cause for debate, but thank you for the reply.

Stability and Consistency are two things that I want to see at Villa.

Consistency can come in the form of many things, I want to actually know what our starting 11 is and which formation we are going to go with is for example. To much change at the moment, but of course, I understand the reasons as to why we havnt been able to find this yet.

I don't think Lambert is shite though, I think he is a brilliant manager and I personally blame the players. You can see from the Bannan thread what my thoughts are on him as an example. We need to let Lambert have some time and if he has made some mistakes - then let's allow him to correct these.

I also want some consistency in terms of how we are going to continue moving forward. I don't want one window where we can spend £20mill and then the next where we have to strip the team down again. There should be a plan in place for each window and we should use them as an opportunity to improve/progress/develop.

Theres quite a broad spectrum where the terms consistency and stability can be used as far as Aston Villa is concerned.

Edited by Tayls

Now Lambert, results have worked in your favour today and we have one more point towards our survival bid so strike while the iron is hot and get the much needed experienced talent in all the positions we need it.

Good point after a dog shit start, we should have been 4-0 down after 20 minutes so to get a point from that and even play well at times is good.

Still, the last minute goal is a kick in the teeth, we tried but just couldn't hold on. I have no idea where that 5 minutes of stoppage time came from though.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "With 30 seconds to go you expect to see it through. First half Swansea were right on top but second half we were very good.

"The goal before half time did change it. We have a lot of injuries so you have to give credit to the players. It is a big point for us.

"I've got a lot of faith in what we're doing and we won't deviate from it. Even after the heavy defeats we were keeping spirits up.

"It will be a bit happier on the trip home considering what has happened. We took a lot of knocks and kickings today but deserved something from the game."

No league game until the Saturday after next when we play Southampton so hopefully we can get wins against Ipswich and Bradford in the cups to boost confidence. Should also have some players back by the Southampton game as well.

No league game until the Saturday after next when we play Southampton so hopefully we can get wins against Ipswich and Bradford in the cups to boost confidence. Should also have some players back by the Southampton game as well.

Just said pretty much exactly the same to my dad on the phone. I would hope we can win the next two and it should be a good confidence boost.

Edited by MMFy

credit where credit is due. I'm not getting carried away on another day we could've been out of site after 15mins but good fightback and unlucky not to take the 3 points. Need some strength in the team though desperately.