Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I would have still had Gregory back or Curbishley over Lambert in the summer.

People will say that Curbs has been out the game too long but that is complete nonsense. Like he's going to forget everything and have lost all his contacts?!

The worst part in all this, is even under Mcleish, we never looked as poor as we have the last 3 games. Sure, we won 3-1 at Anfield, but we won 3-1 at Chelsea under Mcleish. Lambert is on course to do what Mcleish did at Brum and take us down with Silverware.

Ultimately, this all boils down to having an idiot for an owner, who is being advised by other idiots who have not the first clue about Football.

The worst part in all this, is even under Mcleish, we never looked as poor as we have the last 3 games. Sure, we won 3-1 at Anfield, but we won 3-1 at Chelsea under Mcleish. Lambert is on course to do what Mcleish did at Brum and take us down with Silverware.

If we make it past Bradford in the semis there is not a cat in hells chance of us beating either Chelsea or Swansea in a Wembley final with the players we have (even if we buy anyone there is a good chance that they will be cup tied) so not much chance of us going down with any silverware.

I can't believe that nobody is talking about the fact that the owner of the club has just come into a billion dollars. A thousand million.

When Lambert joined, he, or at the very least RL, would have known that this would be the position by January.

We will spend in January, and I'm willing to bet that Lambert signed up based on that expectation. When he joined us he was one of the hottest properties in showbusiness and he wouldn't have joined some relegation-candidate club with no money, even if they were the once-mighty Villa.

When things are bleak it's amazing what awful posters crawl out of the woodwork spouting poison. If only they could be shut up, but we'll probably have to wait until the end of January before they **** off.

I can't believe that nobody is talking about the fact that the owner of the club has just come into a billion dollars. A thousand million.

When Lambert joined, he, or at the very least RL, would have known that this would be the position by January.

We will spend in January, and I'm willing to bet that Lambert signed up based on that expectation. When he joined us he was one of the hottest properties in showbusiness and he wouldn't have joined some relegation-candidate club with no money, even if they were the once-mighty Villa.

When things are bleak it's amazing what awful posters crawl out of the woodwork spouting poison. If only they could be shut up, but we'll probably have to wait until the end of January before they **** off.

Yes, they crawl out from all corners of the earth.

Have you seen something i may have missed?..

Yes. We still have 18 games to play. Which is 54 points to play for - Even if we had lost ALL of the first 20 games. We still would not be "down and out". As we could go on to win enough games to keep us up.

So saying we were down and out before christmas is a bit of a stupid statement.

I'm beginning to think that after his success at Norwich Lambert considers himself to be some kind of revolutionary

the concept of a young team giving more and making up for a lack of quality and 352 formations

its all very admirable and interesting and new but is it not just **** insane?

we are the only team doing it so that probably answers the question

i'll wait till the end of January to predict if we will be relegated or not

if we buy well then we've got every chance coz i can't see Wigan, Reading and Southampton strengthening too much

if we don't buy well or at all then relegation is a certainty for me

How dare anyone question or share an opinion that doesn't suit your optimistic view of things. You know it seems to be the ones who feel the need to tell everyone how good things will be that resort to the insults. Pathetic really.

Yeah, the league table.

If you are so sure we wont go down why dont you go and hire a van tomorrow, Fill it to the top with all your prized possessions,

Drive down to your nearest cash converters pawn all your goods and stick all the money on us saying up!..

Hell man you could even go out and buy yourself a bigger house with all the cash your gonna win if your so sure!..

Genuine question, why are you so sure that Lambert is the right man for the club??

Not saying sack him, you have just always come across as strongly in favour of Lambert and just interested in where your belief comes from.

it is a fair question. In all honesty I can't put my finger on it! Some of it is gut feel, instinct. You know, when something feels right or is just right. Just as houllier and Mcleish were obviously wrong for me, he is obviously right.

Then there is the record of the man. Obviously driven to succeed has done wonders at the small club he was at previously. Ability to get the players who may not be stars individually to play beyond their means. A long term project admittedly and that is something we need now, not quick fixes.

Then there is the fact I was privileged to spend some one to one time with the man back in October. He just blew me away. Charisma , passionate about the game the club, something about him just spoke volumes for quality.

For me the finest young manager of his generation. Right man for us totally, knows what he is doing, knows where he wants to be with us and how to get there. Just right

If you are so sure we wont go down why dont you go and hire a van tomorrow, Fill it to the top with all your prized possessions,

Drive down to your nearest cash converters pawn all your goods and stick all the money on us saying up!..

Hell man you could even go out and buy yourself a bigger house with all the cash your gonna win if your so sure!..

I never said I was sure we wouldn't go down. All I said was that we weren't down before Christmas and we're not down now, because we're not.

Yes. We still have 18 games to play. Which is 54 points to play for - Even if we had lost ALL of the first 20 games. We still would not be "down and out". As we could go on to win enough games to keep us up.

So saying we were down and out before christmas is a bit of a stupid statement.

See my reply to mantis!..

I'm beginning to think that after his success at Norwich Lambert considers himself to be some kind of revolutionary

the concept of a young team giving more and making up for a lack of quality and 352 formations

its all very admirable and interesting and new but is it not just **** insane?

we are the only team doing it so that probably answers the question

i'll wait till the end of January to predict if we will be relegated or not

if we buy well then we've got every chance coz i can't see Wigan, Reading and Southampton strengthening too much

if we don't buy well or at all then relegation is a certainty for me

Well, Wigan were playing a 3-5-2 against us yesterday and it seemed to work pretty well for them.

The amount of bitching on here right now is incredible.

For what it's worth (and to get this back to actually talking about Lambert), I have now chilled out a bit from yesterday and am behind him to an extent. But:

1) Tactically he has wound me up in the last couple of games

2) He has to stop this MON thing of sticking with his favourites and recognise when a change is needed

3) I will give him January to turn things around but he HAS to stop with this ridiculous 'young team project' that ISN'T working. If we're still struggling as much as we are by March, he has to go (although God only knows who will replace him)

I also thought the subs were wrong too. I thought Bennett was appalling the whole game and yet he left him on and took off Lichaj, who seemed the better of our full backs on the day. He also took off Ireland, who appeared to be our best midfielder and the only one capable of doing something creative!

i agree that ireland got better and was better than bannan by half time, however i must pull you up on lichaj, he was absolute shite yesterday, seriously he had the speed of a dead mole, the turning circle of a train and the movement of a lump of coal. he gave the ball away nearly as many times as benteke ( who tried his best to play wigan through each time the ball went up to him).

bennet while making some mistakes at least tried to take the game to wigan, he showed some sort of effort, lichaj just looked like he had woken up at 3pm from a 24 hour party and was stumbling around aimlessly looking for the orange juice.

The fact of the matter is changing the manager, even if it were a realistic option (which it isn't) wouldn't make any positive difference to our predicament.

We could hire Mourinho and we would not improve. The team just isn't up to it, it's weak, thin, lacking in ability and strength, mentally fragile... and so on. Our situation only improves when the playing staff do.

I'm not giving Lambert a carte blanche on Villa's failures this season in saying that - in some cases he's made mistakes and made things worse, a considerable part of the 15 goal deficit we've given ourselves this past week is his fault. I think he's proven to be less than the gem we might have thought he was (talk of him being the finest manager of his generation is, in my view, quite bizarre hyperbole). But it's hard to really say he should be sacked, he shouldn't. Nothing good comes from sacking him. Sticking with him, he might do some good in time.