Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I'd rather he never said it to be honest.

He only has two alternatives.

1. Lambast the players which won't do any good with a team full of kids

2. Not talk to the press at all.

If he does one he makes things worse, he does the other and the press spell blood in the water and the pressure starts to build ahead of a window in which he will hopefully be trying to attract players to the club.

As I said, there isn't much else he can say.

I don't for one minute believe he is happy with the players performances today and if he is then we might as well sack him now.

I just don't understand how we are more worse off in points than last season.

Because last season we were ok (results wise) in the first half. It was the second half where things got really bad. I think it will be the opposite this season.

Because last season we were ok (results wise) in the first half. It was the second half where things got really bad. I think it will be the opposite this season.

Hopefully. A small positive this season is that we have been awful, yet we are still 16th. Really hope Lambert can turn it around and is given the funds to do so.

I don't for one minute believe he is happy with the players performances today and if he is then we might as well sack him now.

or ....

3rd) don't mention anything about the effort because it was evidently not there.

He could've said everything else about them being young etc fine but he isn't helping himself when he says can't fault the effort.

I agree with the last bit though, I doubt he is happy about it (well atleast I hope so).

So where does the problem lie? How can Lambert be doing worse than Mcleish?

I don't think he is but as Mantis says under McLeish things were getting worse all the time, despite the last two results I think Lambert will take us forward.

That though is dependant upon Lerner a man I have little or no faith in.

or ....

3rd) don't mention anything about the effort because it was evidently not there.

He could've said everything else about them being young etc fine but he isn't helping himself when he says can't fault the effort.

I agree with the last bit though, I doubt he is happy about it (well atleast I hope so).

Fair point. I didn't hear the interview, I was just assuming he was asked a leading question ie, "where you happy with the effort of your players?"

If he does one he makes things worse, he does the other and the press spell blood in the water and the pressure starts to build ahead of a window in which he will hopefully be trying to attract players to the club.

As I said, there isn't much else he can say.

Spot on Trent.

I am just back from VP and quite simply it was again men against boys. Lambert though has to at least take some of the blame for that as it was his choice to go down the route he has in terms of the the vast majority of the players he has signed. However he has not been helped by the loss of Gabby, Vlaar and although not everyone's cup of tea Dunne. You can also throw Bent into the mix although he was not being used for the most part when fit.

If you are going to go with a team full of young and inexperienced players at this level then they need to be an exceptionally talented bunch. Unfortunately our lot aren't .For the most part you can't fault their attitudes as they will give you 100% but they need help whilst they are still developing and finding their feet at this level.

Lambert needs Gabby and Vlaar back asap and needs to make better use of Ireland and Bent when he is fit. He also needs to sign 2 or 3 players of proven quality at this level in January. It is no good him signing players that are going to take a dozen or so games to find their feet.

If he isn't given the right backing from Lerner and/or doesn't get things right in the transfer window then we will continue to struggle and could well drop.

I never thought Lambert would have us on less points than McLeish did going into the new year. He's been a huge disappointment, as have the players of this once proud club. I've never been so depressed about where our future lies.

However the blame firmly lies with Lerner and his fat ginger puppet - the downward spiral of the past three years is down to their shambolic running of this club.

Under houllier and mcleish we lost a fair few games due to shocking defending at set peices, now we look quite soild at defending these but can't defend when players run at us. It's.like watching a dog with 2 dicks trying to work out which one to suck.

You know, that was terrible. Not sure how many times these players can take being setup to get kicked in the balls by top teams, not sure how much of it I can take. I hate to say it but Lambert needs to play to frustrate top six teams, hit em on the counter. We just are not good enough to go at them.