Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert needs to take this one. He got it wrong, badly wrong. He has enjoyed much praise for when he gets it right, he needs to step up today and say "yup, my tactics were responsible for that." because they were.

Our rollercoaster ride season continues, hey at least its exciting :)

But it's true though.

What is 'true'?

Edit:

That there may be people who call for Lambert's head? Perhaps. (For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not one of them)

That they 'all come crawling out of the woodwork'?

Edited by snowychap

Must admit, that I don't quite know what to think. PL got things right against L'Pool but clearly got things very badly wrong today.

After a day like today, the temptation is to throw the baby out with the bath water, but PL doesn't have a great number of options. I hope that he has something up his sleeve for Boxing day as Spurs will smell blood. I expect they will do much the same as Chelsea and focus their attacks down our left side.

Villa fans will go in to meltdown if we get stuffed by Spurs!

We need to urgently to bring in more quality and experience. :-(

Lambert has got a lot of praise in recent weeks and I think rightly so.

Today he got things wrong from the start, failed to change them and then compounded them by not trying to close the game down once it was gone with the result we got humiliated and **** our goal difference yet further.

I know they are Champions of Europe, I know all the factors that have contributed to us being what we are and where we are but today was really really poor. Yes it was one game but by the same token so was Liverpool and I would say the positives posted after that are rightly going to be balanced out by negatives after today.

It was a bad bad day at the office for the players but also for Lambert, all managers have them and he will have more. I hope he learns from this one and it serves as notice to Randy that a lot more cash is needed.

Overall all though my views on Lambert and our general position in the grand scheme of things hasn't changed a great deal today just as it didn't last week following the Liverpool result.

Individual results don't dictate the direction or the running of a club and for me, despite today I still think we are moving forwards.

Spot on.

Some of the reactions are as if this was the 10th time this has happened this season...

As mentioned in another thread some fans are clearly enjoying it as they are very quiet when it's going 'okay'.

Awful for him to see the result tonight,but the blames will lay with him and the players the goals we let in were school kids.

Lambert i still got my mix feeling on him on few things which will remain with me but tonight has showed him few things in football and for him to put a decent team out.

Bent should be brought in for a starter.

We average 1 point a game, no team has scored less goals and our goal difference is the worst in the league.

The liverpool game can't cover up just how poor this season has been so far. Big improvements needed.

And worst prem start and worst defeat in top flight history.

Thats two abysmal records broken in 4 months in charge.

As mentioned in another thread some fans are clearly enjoying it as they are very quiet when it's going 'okay'.

Some fans are very quiet when it's 'Going Okay'. They obviously don't get much chance for a rest then. I don't remember many lengthy periods of it 'Going Okay.

In other news

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-club-statement-558221.aspx

Paul Lambert, Norwich City and Aston Villa have agreed settlement in respect of the dispute regarding Paul Lambert’s departure from Norwich City, whereby Villa will pay Norwich City the original amount as agreed in the contract between Paul Lambert and Norwich City, and Norwich City will pay Paul Lambert the bonus he was entitled to after completion of the 2011/12 season.

This represents a final settlement of all claims and disputes between the parties. No further comment will be made.

We average 1 point a game, no team has scored less goals and our goal difference is the worst in the league.

The liverpool game can't cover up just how poor this season has been so far. Big improvements needed.

And worst prem start and worst defeat in top flight history.

Thats two abysmal records broken in 4 months in charge.

We have, under McLeish and Lambert, broken many long standing 'Abysmal Records'. The common denominator is........................answers on a postcard please.

Paul Lambert, Norwich City and Aston Villa have agreed settlement in respect of the dispute regarding Paul Lambert’s departure from Norwich City, whereby Villa will pay Norwich City the original amount as agreed in the contract between Paul Lambert and Norwich City, and Norwich City will pay Paul Lambert the bonus he was entitled to after completion of the 2011/12 season.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-club-statement-558221.aspx

Lambert needs to take this one. He got it wrong, badly wrong. He has enjoyed much praise for when he gets it right, he needs to step up today and say "yup, my tactics were responsible for that." because they were.

Our rollercoaster ride season continues, hey at least its exciting :)

But it was the same tacticts that got us a win v pool, its general consensus that you don't change a winning team, the difference today was while pool were better than us they couldn't score, whilst chelsea rattled in a superb goal after 2 minutes which **** our gameplan up straight away, I.e don't let them score but hit them on the break. Even at 1-0 after two minutes i dont blame him for not changing, benteke was offside everytime we passed to him, was that down to chelsea being well drilled at the back or tekkers not being at his best today? even at 3/4/5 we had every defender we could field on the pitch and by that point we were on our arses.

We all wanted a manager that goes into games wanting to win, rather than amc who went into games looking not to lose, and with an inexperienced team, results like today will happen. Take it on the chin, it **** hurts right now, I'm getting txts galore from people taking the piss, but one day they will be on the end of s dicking. And that day there getting the same shite back from me

I too am in full support of Lambert and what he is doing.

suffice to say after 4 years absence I have renewed my season ticket... albeit half season ( based on what I am seeing)

That result today is not commensurate with what is generally happening with the team.

For me the standing off was alarming and I have difficulty accessing Chelsea properly as I believe that result was self inflicted.

I too am in full support of Lambert and what he is doing.

suffice to say after 4 years absence I have renewed my season ticket... albeit half season ( based on what I am seeing)

That result today is not commensurate with what is generally happening with the team.

For me the standing off was alarming and I have difficulty accessing Chelsea properly as I believe that result was self inflicted.

Ps don't buy the tactics bit

Yup totally agree, these stats do not lie. Our worst ever start to a season and today our biggest loss in history. Fans are fans, after the last game when we beat the 12th best team in the table (at the time) suddenly all our players were good enough and every signing was deemed a success. That is pretty naive given we were only 3 points over the relegation line, these players and this squad deserve exactly what we have at the moment - which is 16th. The loss today was expected, and a loss away to Chelsea is something we can all accept. What we cannot accept is the extreme level of failure today's game served us, a collective meltdown due to naive tactics and no plan B. We conceeded a goal after 3 minutes, and then we just gave it away. Chelsea are a great team, but the jetlag and high intensity they have had recently should have given us a chance. They missed Terry, MIkel and Ramires from start, but they could have fielded that female physio and still beaten us by 8 goals. In fact, it could have been 10 goals, that is how poor we were.

Today is the first time in 20 years that I am actually ashamed of the team, luckily I am hungover and don't really give a damn, but I guess I will be reminded tomorrow. 8-0.