Paul Lambert

Pilchard

You could play Benteke deeper like a number 10. He's quite a creative player and can beat a man as we've seen today....and drop Gabby. Bent up front. I don't believe they can't play together that's nonsense really.

I go along with this, we certainly need to change something and start scoring goals.

Well he's got the defence sorted by the looks of things - the midfield is getting there - it's just the attacking side of things to work on now. Having Benteke is a big step in the right direction but we need a bit of class to support him.

I still think it is the midfield that is causing us problems. Westwood is the only midfield player of top half quality.

We actually have the firepower up front in Bent and Benteke, we need a new midfield to get the best of both of them and the goals will come. An attacking mid and a wide player in January would be very welcome.

• Like 1

I like the look of bannan and Westwood in midfield.

I think our main problem is who we have up with Benteke.

We need two forwards with pace who can beat players.

Replace gabby and Holman with two good attacking players and I think we'll see a big difference in our attack.

I think Bannan and Westwood are working fine together. The only crisitism of them that I would have is that one of them needs to take a risk and make the late run into the box. They both sit too deep and on the rare occasion where we get to the byline, there's no one making that late run to square it back too. One of them needs to start doing it, probably Bannan.

guzan

clark vlaar baker

lowton westwood KEA bennet/stevens

ireland/bannan holman/gabby

benteke

could be good, give the 2 behind benteke the freedom to go wide or play centrally, just as long as they get beyond benteke often. i don't think we'd concede much that way and it coudl be pretty fluid as clark and baker look comfortable bringing the ball out of the defence, pushing KEA/westood forward too...

i quite like 3 at the back, i think we've got the players to play it well.

What's that got to do with what I posted?

Our attack needs to be improved yes or no? It needs to be addressed in January to help us stay up yes or no?

The idea that Gabby isn't good enough and that it would be easy to get a couple of better option in Januar

Hmmmm - Lambert how now been quoted with the dreaded 'long term project'. This was the sort of bullshit that annoyed me about Houllier and Mcleish.

Yes - to get us back to around the top 4 is a long term project. However that's no reason for us only 2 have won 2 home games all season - failing to beat stoke, and Norwich along the way.

No one was more excited than me when we appointed Lambert - and I still have an open mind on him, any talk of sacking him is completley barmy IMO. However the results at the moment are no where good enough - yes sticking an extra man in defence has stopped the flow of goals - but that has left us short in other areas. I don't see 3 cb's as a long term solution for us.

We either need wingers\wingbacks and CB that can keep a clean sheet without needing 3 of them

I don't see what's wrong with calling this a long term project. It is a long term project. McLeish may have gone on about a long term project but it was clear for all to see that this was just talk. It's not the same with Lambert.

I don't see what's wrong with calling this a long term project. It is a long term project. McLeish may have gone on about a long term project but it was clear for all to see that this was just talk. It's not the same with Lambert.

Yes it is a long term project, and the glimmer with Lambert is that his signings are sustainable and on the whole playing well. However unless we starting banging in some goals, picking up some wins - then it will remain a long term project.