Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The starting XI at the Stadium of Lights is just the proof of bravery that I expected from my beloved Lambo.

In the middle the pair Westwood - Bannan is much better than the Kea & Delph (glad that has been dropped the useless, over paid and over rated - thanks MON - Delph).

And behind the lonely striker Benteke, three attacking minded players like Weimann and Gabby (two fowrards employed on the flanks) and Ireland in the hole.

Well done Lambo, this is the young, attractive Villa, that we love to see!

He got it right but I think that pairing will get destroyed by united next week. KEA needs to be back in my opinion. He breaks up play and we need that against united

I disagree.

I have not seen enough from KEA as it is, suggesting to put him back in against Man U is just a suicidal suggestion imo.

Got the selection spot on today. Not sure many of us would have gone with Bannan, Westwood and Ireland but it worked a treat.

Lowton, Vlaar, Benteke, all look like very good signings and Kea and Bennett look like decent pieces of business. Westwood in his first start today was excellent. I look forward to seeing who Lambert has lined up in January.

KEA and Bennett have been poor.

I disagree.

I have not seen enough from KEA as it is, suggesting to put him back in against Man U is just a suicidal suggestion imo.

For once we agree on something. Lambert should play the same team against Man U. We are expected to lose so why not go out and give it a go. We might even cause an upset by doing that rather than setting the team up to defend for ninety minutes which wouldn't work anyway.

Lambert should put a marker down for Ferguson letting him know that this is a new Villa team that won't just lie down to get their tummy tickled. If Lambert sets us up to do that then I will start respecting him more. For too long now we have gone out on the pitch against Man U with an inferior attitude written all over our player's faces. I want to see that change no matter the result.

For once we agree on something. Lambert should play the same team against Man U. We are expected to lose so why not go out and give it a go. We might even cause an upset by doing that rather than setting the team up to defend for ninety minutes which wouldn't work anyway.

Lambert should put a marker down for Ferguson letting him know that this is a new Villa team that won't just lie down to get their tummy tickled. If Lambert sets us up to do that then I will start respecting him more. For too long now we have gone out on the pitch against Man U with an inferior attitude written all over our player's faces. I want to see that change no matter the result.

Well done morph you have a valid point.

I am not expecting much as a point from this but I hope we give it a go atleast while keeping it tidy and harder for them to get anything from this one themselves.

I havent watched MOTD yet - got it recorded, but is it right that they didn't show Ireland's chance? My dad was telling me about it - should have buried it then Gabby hit the post from an offside position ?

I think you should be used to MOTD by now trying to make us look shit.

Lambert should pick the team most likely to get a result. That's not the same thing as setting up the defend or trying to look brave but getting hammered.

I'd put Ireland/Holman on the wing and put KEA in the middle with Bannan and Westwood. I know I rate KEA much more than most people at the moment but we'll need that extra bite in midfield to have a chance IMO.

I havent watched MOTD yet - got it recorded, but is it right that they didn't show Ireland's chance? My dad was telling me about it - should have buried it then Gabby hit the post from an offside position ?

He should have done better. Keeper got under pressure (well done Gabby) and had to overhead-kick it out. Came to Ireland about 25 yards out who volleyed it first time. Didn't connect with it right and it was going five yards wide.

Should have done better, but it was it dipping and moving reasonably fast so not exactly a sitter either. If it had been a normal cross and Ireland just didn't strike it properly, nobody would have said anything. The open goal made it much worse.

I think you should be used to MOTD by now trying to make us look shit.

MOTD is the worst football highlight show in the world. Their highlights tried to make Sunderland the better team just because they like to have a wankfest over MON because he did some work for them. I hate that bloody show. Football first is much better

Regardless of what happens this season, I'm not going to be calling for Lamberts head

Even if we go down we'd be best sticking with this manager and rebuilding with him

Hardest job in the PL

He would walk out anyway. He loves walking out, he does it every time

Lambert should pick the team most likely to get a result. That's not the same thing as setting up the defend or trying to look brave but getting hammered.

I'd put Ireland/Holman on the wing and put KEA in the middle with Bannan and Westwood. I know I rate KEA much more than most people at the moment but we'll need that extra bite in midfield to have a chance IMO.

He should have done better. Keeper got under pressure (well done Gabby) and had to overhead-kick it out. Came to Ireland about 25 yards out who volleyed it first time. Didn't connect with it right and it was going five yards wide.

Should have done better, but it was it dipping and moving reasonably fast so not exactly a sitter either. If it had been a normal cross and Ireland just didn't strike it properly, nobody would have said anything. The open goal made it much worse.

Absolutely and thats why he should stick with the team that has beaten Sunderland. We didn't miss KEA yesterday and i still don't see why we should now include him in the team to face Man U. Is he going to make that much of a difference to us? On past performances no and we shouldn't have similar type players in our midfield which have already created an imbalance this season.

MOTD was ridiculous - for 30 minutes in the first half we passed them off the park - the Sunderland onslaught after we scored was nominal - Norwich at VP a week earlier put us under far more pressure. Guzan had to collect a couple of crosses and that was about it.

Thats not sour grapes to MON who I feel will keep them up (or resign) - but they seemed to have little idea going forward. A deserved through points for us.

MOTD was ridiculous - for 30 minutes in the first half we passed them off the park - the Sunderland onslaught after we scored was nominal - Norwich at VP a week earlier put us under far more pressure. Guzan had to collect a couple of crosses and that was about it.

Thats not sour grapes to MON who I feel will keep them up (or resign) - but they seemed to have little idea going forward. A deserved through points for us.

Do we get an extra point for 'through points' then 'smetrov?'

Absolutely and thats why he should stick with the team that has beaten Sunderland. We didn't miss KEA yesterday and i still don't see why we should now include him in the team to face Man U. Is he going to make that much of a difference to us? On past performances no and we shouldn't have similar type players in our midfield which has already created imbalance this season.

But you know that wont happen :) One of the most wonderful/infuriating things about Lambert is he takes all of his tactics and players and shakes them all up before each match. Its who he is I think.