Paul Lambert

Pilchard

back to basics please Paul

442 with Gabby and Zogs on the wing and Bent and Tekkers up front

Delph doing the tackling work and KEA left to drive forward

clear defined roles for every midfield player and we would be much better in my eyes

neat little triangles are all well and good but positionally we are all over the place

Any manager would be a pointless appointment right now, we've got a good one.

There's one major problem at the club and that's the owner.

Hopefully he'll change but right now Lerner is the reason we are such a joke of a premiership club.

I rate Lambert but you can't place all the blame for recent results on Lerner. I know you hate him but he isn't solely to blame with everything that's wrong with the club and him leaving suddenly won't make everything better again.

I rate Lambert but you can't place all the blame for recent results on Lerner. I know you hate him but he isn't solely to blame with everything that's wrong with the club and him leaving suddenly won't make everything better again.

Lambert is making some mistakes but he's not the reason we're a mess right now.

Randy Lerner is in charge of finances and hiring managers. He's the reason we're in the state we are. Luckily he replaced Doug and had a superb PR plan when he first joined.

He's an awful owner.

If we had a choice of Redknapp or Lambert when the ginger one was sacked who would you have chosen?

I think I must have imagined thousands of Villa fans at Norwich last May making their feelings known on who they wanted as manager? Must be old age creeping up on me

Let me guess its all Mon's fault?

If the owner isn't to blame for poor financial control, lack of long term thinking and shocking managerial appointments I don't know who is.

I never actually said that at all. But he has to take some of the blame just like Randy does.

Are the players really used to playing counter attacking football!? Who? Our own youth players haven't been educated under Sid/Kev Mac that way. Vlar, Holman and KEA have all played in Holland. Ireland is a naturally creative ball player. Benteke is part of a unique generation of talented Belgians. Lowton, Bennett, Westwood come from decent academies and I doubt they've been nurtured playing on the counter.

Who does that leave? Gabby?

I take your point, but we're not quite playing the same way.

We have dropped the outdated system of 4-4-2, big strong man alongside little fast man up front, 2 wingers, 2 holding players stuff. And quite right too, the top teams dont play this way any more. So we are asking our players to make accurate one touch pass and move stuff around the opposition box, and this is a really difficult technical skill. But if we crack it, we'll be able to take on anyone. We wont crack it straight off, it will take some time. We still need to change some players, but we have already really changed too much too fast. If Lambert is guilty of anything, then its this.

As a littel side note, I'm told that Benteke cost us 2 points against West brom, another point at least against Spurs, and another point yesterday. Agreed? A team capable of beating WBA, Spurs away and drawing at Fulham is a really decent team. We are, apparently, Benteke finding his feet away from being a really decent team. Benteke WILL find his feet. A player doing what he does at international level wont struggle for long

The issue is that our squad is still littered with players that have given the impression of not being too bothered to do anything other than pick up decent wages over the last 2 seasons.

Hutton, CNZ, Ireland, Gabby to name a few - and before people get all defensive about Ireland I'm sorry but being our best player for over a year means **** all when your team is complete shit.

Another chunk of our squad is made up of our massively over-hyped youth system including Clark, Bannan and Albrighton who some think are easily Premiership quality when they would probably look out of place in the Championship. Lambert needs to be given time and a lot of money to gut the squad of bad attitudes and crap players.

I'm going to give Lambert time before I start complaining as he has a massive job ahead of him. Can't deny it's very frustrating at the minute but he was/is still my first choice and I'm desperate for him to succeed.

Safe to say Lambert hasn't covered himself in glory since the start of the season, however, I don't see how it's possible for him to do worse than McLeish and relegate us. After all, he's got McLeish's squad + 17 or so million spent. He should **** it up massively to get us relegated.