Paul Lambert

Pilchard

It's not about living in London, anyone anywhere in the country or world even would tell you the same - our stature/interest as a club is at a minimum.

Style of play is a weird argument, since Lambert has been at the club I have seen us play so many different ways and to so many varying degrees of success and yet each game I have no idea how we will line up or what tactics we will play. Now if i feel like this then imagine how the players must feel, no wonder many of them don't know what they are doing out on the pitch.

We spent most of last season building our game around Gabby, Tekkers and Weimann, now all three are playing varying degrees of bad - we are utterly lost. And now because of the loss of Vlaar we can only compensate by packing the midfield or square pegs in round holes, utterly farcical. The loss of one player should not have this affect.

Albrighton came back and did well, now it's time for Gardener or Donacien to be given a go, I don't think either could be worse than what we have now.

• Like 1

Fun fact:

Did you know it wasn't until the 19th of January that we surpassed 19 points last season.

Hashtag Progression.

But the performances aren't good.

Lambert out.

Also, as a disclaimer for myself, we haven't surpassed 19 points just yet but if we don't by the 19th of January (which is 6 games away, with only 2 games being against teams higher than ourselves, Arsenal and Swansea) then I'd be pretty pissed off to say the least.

It's not about living in London, anyone anywhere in the country or world even would tell you the same - our stature/interest as a club is at a minimum.

Style of play is a weird argument, since Lambert has been at the club I have seen us play so many different ways and to so many varying degrees of success and yet each game I have no idea how we will line up or what tactics we will play. Now if i feel like this then imagine how the players must feel, no wonder many of them don't know what they are doing out on the pitch.

We spent most of last season building our game around Gabby, Tekkers and Weimann, now all three are playing varying degrees of bad - we are utterly lost. And now because of the loss of Vlaar we can only compensate by packing the midfield or square pegs in round holes, utterly farcical. The loss of one player should not have this affect.

Albrighton came back and did well, now it's time for Gardener or Donacien to be given a go, I don't think either could be worse than what we have now.

Stature is at a minimum? You do know we signed several global deals this year to show exclusive AVTV coverage, games and so on in several different countries?

If hypothetically everyone was fit in our side what would be our strongest side, and what formation ? An idea

---------------Guzan-----------------

Lowton------Vlaar---Okore---Luna

------------Sylla---Delph------------

Albrighton......N'Zogbia--------Gabby

----------------Benteke-------------------

Theres goals in this side, isn't it? Thoughts?

Throwing N'Zogbia in the mix is a good point, he just seems to be too inconsistent. I would definitely play him in the hole in a formation like that, maybe trade Sylla for Westwood on current form although either could be replaced with somebody more solid. Still think Bacuna deserves a chance in the middle in my opinion.

But yeah, I'd say that would be our strongest side and I also think that is the formation that Lambert ideally wants to play.

Edited by samjp26

Stature is at a minimum? You do know we signed several global deals this year to show exclusive AVTV coverage, games and so on in several different countries?

I was aware thank you, but not sure forcing AVTV on people in other countries will change our stature. Football is a results business, football is about having players that are icons and idols, talent that generates it's own PR. Allowing more countries a tailored window into how bad we are........ genius

If hypothetically everyone was fit in our side what would be our strongest side, and what formation ? An idea

I would play Bacuna where Sylla is, but aside from that not a bad shout.

Fun fact:

Did you know it wasn't until the 19th of January that we surpassed 19 points last season.

Hashtag Progression.

Lambert out.

The performances are dire, and for the millionth time, not being as bad as last year is not saying an awful lot.  If you're happy to watch the drivel being served up by Lambert, I pity you.

• Like 1

Fun fact:

Hashtag Progression.

Lambert out.

The performances are dire, and for the millionth time, not being as bad as last year is not saying an awful lot.  If you're happy to watch the drivel being served up by Lambert, I pity you.

I'm not particularly happy or unhappy. I just don't see the point in sacking him.

I was aware thank you, but not sure forcing AVTV on people in other countries will change our stature. Football is a results business, football is about having players that are icons and idols, talent that generates it's own PR. Allowing more countries a tailored window into how bad we are........ genius

Obviously no-one cares about villa because the media focus on London and Manchester with the odd comment about liverpool.

When Fulham got promoted they were able to sign van Der sar from juventus simply because they are in London. They are not a big club or well known but they are from London

Hard to compete with

It's a joke

I would play Bacuna where Sylla is, but aside from that not a bad shout.

I wouldn't as neither of them can pass the ball

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Fun fact:

Hashtag Progression.

Lambert out.

Okay, so what do you want? We're doing better than last year but that isn't good enough, so I would love to know what your expectations are for us?

Fun fact:

Hashtag Progression.

Lambert out.

Okay, so what do you want? We're doing better than last year but that isn't good enough, so I would love to know what your expectations are for us?

Obviously your "expectations" are fairly low if the only thing that counts is our relative position. We are playing some of the worst football in years, have a woeful squad and show little sign of improving.

Fun fact:

Hashtag Progression.

Lambert out.

The performances are dire, and for the millionth time, not being as bad as last year is not saying an awful lot. If you're happy to watch the drivel being served up by Lambert, I pity you.

Obviously your "expectations" are fairly low if the only thing that counts is our relative position. We are playing some of the worst football in years, have a woeful squad and show little sign of improving.

Even if we were playing good football we wouldn't be much higher up the league. Without a massive ground, being owned by an Arab country, or moving to London this is basically as good as its going to get