Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Not true.

How so?

Books are balanced. TV money has increased and some big wages should go this summer.

We can afford to improve the wages we offer but we choose not to.

Well then that's Lerner not Lambert.

• Like 1

Think he put out what he could. Tactics were about right. Just don't have the players and the proper defense. Vlaar is a big miss and Baker again shows what a liability he is.

I still back him. About what I expected today with the squad he could field.

• Like 3

So people really think sacking Lambert is the solution?

Just like it was with Houllier and McLeish? The manager is not the **** problem here.

This is his choice of player, his team and his tactics 42m later and all he has done is emulate McLeish.

The one thing (if the 42m is true - and yes I have seen those figures) is that he is also working under a very restrictive wage budget.

Plus, for that money he has had to replace high earners who Lerner wanted rid of;

Dunne, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock, Hutton, Bent, Ireland, Holman, Heskey (plus get rid of Makoun, Given and others) and has had to replace 10/12 players for a very small budget and tiny wage budget. It's almost impossible to have a hit rate of 100% perfection when you have to buy bargain basement.

Think he put out what he could. Tactics were about right. Just don't have the players and the proper defense. Vlaar is a big miss and Baker again shows what a liability he is.

I still back him. About what I expected today with the squad he could field.

Did you expect the dross served up last week at Fulham with the same ease!

Just like mcleish, Lambert can pick the correct starting eleven but once they start playing its the same drivel.

I like Lambert coz he isnt afraid to mix it up. But his home form is killing me

The last 2 away games have been awful as well though. Yes we beat Southampton but we had 3 shots on goal and 23% possession. 9 times out of 10 we would/should have lost that one.

The way are playing at the moment I can't see us outplaying anyone. I wouldn't be confident with Lambert having any more money to spend in January if we are just going to play the same way. There are teams in League 1 that would beat us when we play this dire football. 

Edited by jacketspuds

My main criticism of Lambert is he just fails recognise what is happening on the pitch, time after time united exploited our left hand side and he didn't change a thing. He didn't change the shape or tell anyone to drop back and help, united saw that and tore Luna apart. When Delph plays he drifts over to that side naturally when he plays but Sylla doesn't really do that.

Time is running out for him now, a lot of opinions are changing quickly

My main criticism of Lambert is he just fails recognise what is happening on the pitch, time after time united exploited our left hand side and he didn't change a thing. He didn't change the shape or tell anyone to drop back and help, united saw that and tore Luna apart. When Delph plays he drifts over to that side naturally when he plays but Sylla doesn't really do that.

Yep that puzzled me 

need more money for transfers and wages. We haven't got that so what can we do?

Not true.

How so?

Books are balanced. TV money has increased and some big wages should go this summer.

But if we increased the wages the books would not be balanced anymore?

I would bet we have some of the 'poorest' paid players as regulars in our first team compared to a majority of the league.

That's what the manager has had to work with, so it's no wonder they are poor and inconsistent.

Our issues are with the owner far more than the manager.

Not true.

How so?

PF said

With the increased income from Premier League TV rights, and the decrease in total player remuneration being addressed, the books are now balanced and in surplus subject to league position. We're FFP compliant

We will also lose some more big wages this summer.

I would bet we have some of the 'poorest' paid players as regulars in our first team compared to a majority of the league.

That's what the manager has had to work with, so it's no wonder they are poor and inconsistent.

If villa give them all a pay rise will they get better?

By doing that you'll only leave another avenue exposed for United to take advantage of though.

Sylla is nowhere near the quality of Delph and was probably running at max capacity to go what he was doing anyway.

Recognising what's happening on the pitch is one thing. Having the tools to fix it is another.

Not true.
How so?

PF said

With the increased income from Premier League TV rights, and the decrease in total player remuneration being addressed, the books are now balanced and in surplus subject to league position. We're FFP compliant

We will also lose some more big wages this summer.

Yep, so when we lose those big wages in the summer we will see those players replaced with Lambert signings but it seems we can't add more players before then without overspending again. 

Worked wonders with Weimann, i'd say most of them are overpaid

Of course not. That's not my point at all.

If we were able to pay more, I suspect there would be a different bunch of players on the pitch in the first place.