• Three - Monthly
    • Three - PAYG
    • Virgin - Monthly
    • Virgin - PAYG
    • GiffGaff
    • Ovivo
    • TalkTalk Mobile

O2.

Switched to O2 a few years back when they were the only carriers of the iPhone. Got it on the standard £35 a month contract. After 18 months, when my commitment was up I downgraded to a sim only contract. I pay £16.50 a month now... I think I get 200 mins (average use is about 5 mins a month!), 1000 texts and 1gb of data.  I think. Whatever it is, its more than enough as I never go over the £16.50, apart from when I'm abroad. 

No real loyalty to O2. They have been ok over the 3 and a half years I have been with them. Probably had to call them 3 times maximum. 

Mine's £26 a month with T Mobile (EE).

500 minutes, Unlimited texts and 750mb internet with a "free" Galaxy S3.

Would probably go Giff Gaff if I could go back in time, just for the unlimited internet and better signal at work. But the contract worked out cheaper so went for that instead.

Edited by Stevo985

O2.

Switched to O2 a few years back when they were the only carriers of the iPhone. Got it on the standard £35 a month contract. After 18 months, when my commitment was up I downgraded to a sim only contract. I pay £16.50 a month now... I think I get 200 mins (average use is about 5 mins a month!), 1000 texts and 1gb of data.  I think. Whatever it is, its more than enough as I never go over the £16.50, apart from when I'm abroad. 

No real loyalty to O2. They have been ok over the 3 and a half years I have been with them. Probably had to call them 3 times maximum. 

I'm curious. You'd get the same deal on the same network from giffgaff, but for £10 per month. Is the customer service worth two pints to you every month?

I pay Vodashite £36 a month for the luxury of having shite internet and no signal in plenty of areas. Never ever ever again. If you live in the Worcester area do NOT use Vodafone. In the city (Birmingham) it seems fine though. 

Edited by PieFacE

$70/month pretax with AT&T

450 minutes with unused minutes accumulating to cover overages in the next 12 months (My current rollover balance is well north of 4,000 minutes)

3 GB data

pay $0.20 extra per text sent or received

2-year contract with a Samsung Captivate Glide... Take out the implied* $300-ish phone subsidy (so $25/month) and you get $45/month.

*: AT&T doesn't discount service if you don't take a subsidized phone

Why are texts so expensive on that side of the pond? It's one of the biggest scams of all time if you break it down in terms of data cost per MB.  I think it is well over $1000 per MB, which is insane. Especially as carriers are essentially giving away text messages over here (and have been for years) 

In AT&T's case they charge you $0.20/text to try to get you to pay $20/month for unlimited text (and if your phone isn't known to them to be a smartphone, unlimited text also gets unlimited data (which they don't offer at all to known-to-them smartphones)).

Meanwhile Verizon (the only other provider with better-than-2G data where I am), has basically decided to force everyone into the shared data plans with unlimited voice & text. $40/month for unlimited voice/text and then $40 more for 300MB, $50 for 1GB, $60 for 2GB, and $10 for each 2GB increment on the cap after that...

For a non-texter like myself, I'll take the pay-per-text, thankyouverymuch.

I am on O2 monthly business contract. It wasnt a bad deal when I signed up 4 years ago for the Iphone 3GS as you could upgrade every 12 months but the stopped that and what I was quoted to upgrade to the S3 last summer worked at more than buying the phone sim free so i am running the contract down and it will end in May.

I am at this point torn between GiffGaff and Three. Giffgaff is well liked by many on here and I have a couple of sims (one my son uses). Three do have some remarkably good 12 month sim only deals at the moment £6.95 a month for pretty much what I pay O2 £30.00+Vat for at the moment.

I might get a PAYG 3 sim just to see how the data speeds compare with Giffgaff and then stick with the fastest.

I'm curious. You'd get the same deal on the same network from giffgaff, but for £10 per month. Is the customer service worth two pints to you every month?

You know, I don't think I have actually ever sat down and studied to see if i could get a better deal in ages. I am the perfect customer for a company - apathetic! I could probably save myself a pretty penny by looking at my electric provider, landline/broadband package, as well as your suggestion above.

Right, that is now my mission!

I'm on a Vodafone pay monthly.

I pay £36 per month (x12 months) for HTC One X. I also got £70 from Quidco and I get £100 cashback from Phones 4 U so after that it works out at about £21.80 per month. When the contract is up in June (I think) I'll stick a £10 giff gaff sim in it.

Mine's £26 a month with T Mobile (EE).

500 minutes, Unlimited texts and 750mb internet with a "free" Galaxy S3.

Would probably go Giff Gaff if I could go back in time, just for the unlimited internet and better signal at work. But the contract worked out cheaper so went for that instead.

I had T-Mob in the past at 'our place' and had to jump ship as the signal was really patchy. I think its either Vodafone or O2 for us to have a consistent signal.