• Vodafone - PAYG
    • Three - Monthly
    • Three - PAYG
    • Virgin - Monthly
    • Virgin - PAYG
    • GiffGaff
    • Ovivo
    • TalkTalk Mobile

I had T-Mob in the past at 'our place' and had to jump ship as the signal was really patchy. I think its either Vodafone or O2 for us to have a consistent signal.

Yeah my previous phone was O2 and it was great at work.

But T Mob uses the Orange signal and it's awful here.

I can use my phone at my desk, for phone stuff. Not much chance of using the internet though

Interesting that Three have announced that they will not be charging people any extra for 4G/LTE use when it becomes available. I am sure they do sim only deals for under £12 with "All you can eat data" and if you then get 4G at no extra cost EE could be in for a bit of a bashing.

• 1 month later...

Would selling your current phone cover the remaining charges?

Doubtful. I'm only 7/8 months in to a 24 month job. I figure I could get £400 or so once I get my iPhone "repaired", I'll still be a couple of hundred out of pocket. I'm stick with the contract I think, but that shan't stop me upgrading the phone.

Just wondered if there was a legal loophole.

• 4 weeks later...

Few reasons I'm leaving giffgaff.

They cracked down on tethering and blocked my 3G data at a most crucial time for me when I was at Cheltenham. I use tethering very rarely and not being able to use it when I want within reason on unlimited data is annoying, especially as there is no tethering add on, it's 1gb cap and tethering or unlimited and no tethering. They also increased the price from £10 to £12 per month. 

But my main reason for leaving is the random and incredibly annoying loss of 3G in London City centre of all places. At least a few times a day all 3G is gone for a few mins and web pages don't load. This is likely O2 network problem. 

My Tab 7.7 has samba mobile sim which uses 3's network and not once has it lost 3G signal, the network is also much quicker. So i'll be switching to 3's unlimited data for £12.90 per month with the choice of a tethering add on for £5. Also it comes with the great benefit of being able to use all my unlimited data and minutes in Ireland too with no roaming costs which is a real boon.

Not to mention compatible with the galaxy S4s LTE enabled phone and the fact 3 will not be charging more for LTE when they turn it on.

Basically 3 is better for the same price so switching. Pretty simple.

Need advice.

Have been using one of the cheaper HTC phones on pay as you go for a couple of years now so want to upgrade and quite like the look of either the iPhone 5 or the Blackberry Q10. Phones4U have both phones on 24 month contract for around £33 a month with Vodafone who has been my provider with my HTC.

Is anyone using these phones at the moment and if so do you recommend them and is there a better contract offer out there?

Edited by Morpheus