• Delph
    • Bannan
    • N'Zogbia
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent (for Bannan 62)
    • Weimann (for Bennett 70)

thought i'd do a full reflection:

Given - 4 - might have done more on the corner they scored from, very poor distribution, captain? what captain?

Bennet - 6 - gets a 6 purely because he setup the 1st. Gave the ball away, got caught in possession every other minute and conceded the corner that led to their goal when he could have and should have done better.

Lowton - 3 - shocking performance, awful in defence, passing was abysmal, got into good positions but every delivery was to a bradford player, very poor

Vlaar - 4 - looks like a man rushed back from injury too soon, barely able to move about the pitch and lost his man for the goal

Clarke - 4- wasnt really aware he was playing until about the 80th minute when he popped up on the left wing and put in a cross so bad i thought it was marc albrighton

nzog - 7- looked decent in the first half but disappeared as he always does in the second

ireland - 4 - shocking, only passes he made successfully were less than 5 yards, i'd expect more from a player of his ability

bannan - 3 - not good enough for professional football - everyting he did, he did wrong

Delph - 7 - possibly his best game for us, tried very hard and put himself about, pity he lack any real ability

Benteke - 6 - yeah he's a good player, but he doesnt work hard enough and isnt clinical enough yet. too big for his boots and should have had a hattrick tonioght had be put a bit more effort in and focused on doing his job

Gabby - 6 - i think he ran himself ragged tonight despite ppl saying he looked like he cdnt be bothered, it wasnt up front we were losing posession and playing backward passes after all

Subs

weiman - 7 - scored the only chance he got and started some nice attacks

Bent - 5 - offered absolutly nothing, he needs to get out of his club if he ever hopes to play for england again and good riddance when he does - LAZY!

Manager & STaff:

0 - what on earth did they say at half time? what on earth did they do to the formation? what kind of subs were they to make? What on earth were thse tactics about? Utter utter dross!

Post match interview is very interesting:

"will you be bring in new signings..."

"well ive spoken to the chairman and hes aware of the situation - its not the right time to answer that/..."

Does that mean theres no money? does it mean hes been sacked? has he offered his resignation and doesnt know if its been accepted yet? Very Interesting!!

Ireland a 4?? honestly what game did you watch? The guy worked his socks off all night, forced a very good save from the keeper in the first half, had a goal disallowed, put a sitter on Bentekes head just before half time, got into a great position in first half but delph blasted over the bar instead of putting him through one on one,

Second half he came closest to scoring outside of Weimanns goal, harrassed players to the final whistle and was committed....its hard to pass it more than 5 yards with no movement around you...Charles, Gabby and Co were non existent in the second half...

Nzog a 7 then and gabby a 6....hahaha

We can complain about manager, tactics, weak midfield till the cows come home, the fact is we created enogh chances over the two legs to score 10, and all four goals conceeded were due to poor defending of set pieces. Benteke had a shocker of a tie, he could have had a hattrick in each match and and two of the goals conceeded was him losing his man on corners.

Delph and N'Zogbia played well, Ireland once again showed why he should never be in the team, Bennett attacked well, but defensively had a mare. Must be said though Hines could do a job for most premier league teams with his pace, balance and touch. Weimann showed why he is a star in the making. Bannan was poor, Vlaar and Clark did quite well, except for the set piece defending. Vlaars composure in defence really makes a difference. Clark's yellow card was very harsh, as was Delph's. Gabby ran the channels well but needs more games, he is lacking sharpness. Lowton worked hard but too often tried to cross from deep and generally the crosses were poor. Given had nothing to do except pick the ball out the back of the net. Bent offers nothing if he dosen't get a proper supply of balls into the box and through the back four in behind them.

First half we were excellent and Bradford should have been dead and buried. Second half they looked a little complacent and conceeded an early goal heads dropped! The confidence of our players is rock bottom.

We need westwood back in the team too, shame he was cup tied. Would like to see Westwood, Delph and N'Zogbia in the middle with Weimann, Gabby wing strikers and Benteke through the middle, as I think that team could score goals and show some fight in midfield.

After calming down.... they all get 3s. except wiemann 6 bannan delph and ireland 1. What a terrible trio of "footballers" we have masquerading as footballers. We must surely have better in the reserves??

Delphs yellow harsh ? He should have been yellowed first min and then red for the second challenge

As for Ireland what a word removed dick he is . Lazy arrogant prick leave this club ASAP

• Like 1

Second half was utterly embarrasing. Who on earth would have thought they were 3 divisions between us and them? Totally devoid of any quality, so many players I never want to see in a Villa shirt again, Ireland and Bannan for starters. I'm even beginning to think Darren Bent's a waste of time and we should flog him for the 8-10 mill we could get and use his 80k a week elsewhere.

Lambert's tactics second half contributed massively, no doubt. What sort of plan was that? Just get as many strikers as you possibly can on the pitch, but there won't be any width or anyone in midfield to provide them with any service.

I actually thought our defence was going to improve with Vlaar coming back, but again we concede from a corner, not to mention them hitting the bar and missing an open goal.

Could be worse I thought, as I waited for the train and one guy said he had to get back to Devon. Then I got on the train and just for discussing how shit we are/were tonight with my mate, end up getting in an argument with two gobby Villa fans who wanted to have the 'better fan' argument, bore off tossers.

well..... the negative v positive debate will be in swing soon. watch this space.

• Like 1

After calming down.... they all get 3s. except wiemann 6 bannan delph and ireland 1. What a terrible trio of "footballers" we have masquerading as footballers. We must surely have better in the reserves??

We can complain about manager, tactics, weak midfield till the cows come home, the fact is we created enogh chances over the two legs to score 10, and all four goals conceeded were due to poor defending of set pieces. Benteke had a shocker of a tie, he could have had a hattrick in each match and and two of the goals conceeded was him losing his man on corners.

Delph and N'Zogbia played well, Ireland once again showed why he should never be in the team, Bennett attacked well, but defensively had a mare. Must be said though Hines could do a job for most premier league teams with his pace, balance and touch. Weimann showed why he is a star in the making. Bannan was poor, Vlaar and Clark did quite well, except for the set piece defending. Vlaars composure in defence really makes a difference. Clark's yellow card was very harsh, as was Delph's. Gabby ran the channels well but needs more games, he is lacking sharpness. Lowton worked hard but too often tried to cross from deep and generally the crosses were poor. Given had nothing to do except pick the ball out the back of the net. Bent offers nothing if he dosen't get a proper supply of balls into the box and through the back four in behind them.

First half we were excellent and Bradford should have been dead and buried. Second half they looked a little complacent and conceeded an early goal heads dropped! The confidence of our players is rock bottom.

We need westwood back in the team too, shame he was cup tied. Would like to see Westwood, Delph and N'Zogbia in the middle with Weimann, Gabby wing strikers and Benteke through the middle, as I think that team could score goals and show some fight in midfield.

I guess you work in Accounts

The sad thing about tonight is that it was no surprise that we played so awful in the second half. Time and time again this season we have seen it happen where we play decent in one half and then a pathetic shambles in the other.

I'm not gonna say lambert should not get the sack as its sackable form and a lot of managers would of been sacked now but who would we bring in?? I just don't know what needs to be done for the best, I've backed lambert all season but the bloke is just baffling me, what a mess were in, the next 3 games will determine lamberts future, millwall away newcastle home everton away

I struggle to see some of the positives some do.

We were awful in the second half, but there was still plenty wrong in the first half, we should have buried them. The pressure we excerted on them had a lack of technical nous attached to it. The running off the ball by some of the forwards is sparse and unintelligent the amount of times poor positional play rendered the ball passer " the fly in the ointment".... forwards hiding behind defenders so passers can't reach them. when i say hiding I mean poor positional play.

Its in evidence most weeks.

Edited by TRO

This is probably going to get lost in the mire but I'll go anyway.

Got back about an hour ago and am drowning my sorrows in a beer.

It started wonderfully; the fans were in full voice, in a singing competition with the Bradford fans, all the flags waving, massive wave of positivity.

We absolutely dominated them all the first half. They hardly got the ball over the halfway line and we had one scare with a shot. Bennett put in a great cross and Benteke scored. Bennett is obviously low and confidence and is not liking getting stick from the fans as Bannan went straight to him where you could see he was really pleased.

After that, we turned up the heat even more. Bennett was excellent, getting involved in everything and was very dangerous. I wish that mazy run would have resulted in something because until there was an offside it was sublime.

We got to half-time and it was great. I was sat near the Holte and was looking forward to seeing a few going in in the 2nd half.

It was going well. We started the 2nd half in the same way as we finished the first. "We've done it before and we'll do it again".

Then we conceded the corner. Everyone knew what was coming, but secretly hoped we'd not let them undo us from our obvious weakness. Obviously we would defend every set piece with our lives, watch every ball coming in and make sure we were first to everything.

I didn't see what happened to allow their player to get in and score as I was too far away. But firstly you wonder if Guzan would have claimed it, and there seemed to be a hell of a lot of pushing and shoving going on. If corners are so easy to score from, why can't we do it?

The players walking back to the centre circle knew what the rest of the ground knew. It was over. If we'd taken 45 minutes to get 1 goal, it was going to be difficult to get at least 2 more without conceding in the last 30. The heads dropped and our shape went.

Lambert rolled the dice by bringing Bent on, who was almost a saboteur. Then as we were desperately trying to get the ball up front quickly, he also brought on Weimann. The worrying part was when Bent came on giving directions of who should go where and no-one understood who was covering where. Delph wasn't sure if he was covering left-back when Bennett came off so there was a massive gap Hines exploited.

We threw everything up top, everyone was getting in each other's way and it was a bit of a melee. We didn't have time to be patient and Bradford got 11 men behind the ball. Given was able to dribble the ball to the halfway line to put it into the box but to no avail. We had a few chances but again we don't have good enough, and we can't afford good enough players to be clinical.

Special mention to Bent at the end who ended up celebrating with the Bradford players while all other Villa players were skulking off. Sell him for anything to get him out of the club.

Given: 5. Wonder if he could have got to the corner? Didn't have a lot else to do.

Lowton: 4. Not at the races

Vlaar: 6. Solid

Clark: 6. Solid

Bennett: 7. Few mistakes but everything good went through him

Delph: 7. Was on a mission. Tidy, committed. How I wish his run and shot would have gone in.

Ireland: 5. The reason no-one was passing to him was because he just wanted the ball to feet without moving. Everyone else is looking to play the ball into space. They don't realise Ireland can play tight, so unless he's in acres of space they don't pass to him. Cue tantrum.

Bannan: 5. Divides opinion. Passes were fine, he was the engine, keeping the ball moving around. Couple of fantastic long passes, but not the quality to channel everything through. This is the position we need a top quality CM.

N'Zogbia: 6. Forced stuff to happen. Still Charles N'Zogbia FC but a bit more composure would have reaped rewards.

Gabby: 5. Tried, but ultimately failed.

Benteke: 5. Was playing the hold-up striker, but doesn't have a great first touch. Well taken goal, but doesn't run or take chances anywhere near enough.

Bent: 0. Please leave. Should have been on the end of a knock-down from Benteke at 94 but couldn't be arsed.

Weimann: 4. Proved why he wasn't picked. Obviously wasn't fit.

Lambert: The only blame I can really lay at his door is that the set pieces still haven't been sorted out. The worst thing tonight was to concede so you make sure everyone knows their job from corners. He has to take the blame for that. I don't attempt to second-guess him looking lost or aloof, or panicked etc., because that means nothing. But defending corners is a basic that should have been fixed by now.

• Like 2

I'm not gonna say lambert should not get the sack as its sackable form and a lot of managers would of been sacked now but who would we bring in??

Mark Hughes on a short term deal is the man in my opinion. Nigel Adkins. Even my dead gran (god rest her soul) could do a better job than Rab C McFuckwit. The man is a complete fucktard.

• Like 1

Mark Hughes on a short term deal is the man in my opinion. Nigel Adkins. Even my dead gran (god rest her soul) could do a better job than Rab C McFuckwit. The man is a complete fucktard.

Nigel Clough for me. As a long term project.

This is probably going to get lost in the mire but I'll go anyway.

Got back about an hour ago and am drowning my sorrows in a beer.

It started wonderfully; the fans were in full voice, in a singing competition with the Bradford fans, all the flags waving, massive wave of positivity.

We absolutely dominated them all the first half. They hardly got the ball over the halfway line and we had one scare with a shot. Bennett put in a great cross and Benteke scored. Bennett is obviously low and confidence and is not liking getting stick from the fans as Bannan went straight to him where you could see he was really pleased.

After that, we turned up the heat even more. Bennett was excellent, getting involved in everything and was very dangerous. I wish that mazy run would have resulted in something because until there was an offside it was sublime.

We got to half-time and it was great. I was sat near the Holte and was looking forward to seeing a few going in in the 2nd half.

It was going well. We started the 2nd half in the same way as we finished the first. "We've done it before and we'll do it again".

Then we conceded the corner. Everyone knew what was coming, but secretly hoped we'd not let them undo us from our obvious weakness. Obviously we would defend every set piece with our lives, watch every ball coming in and make sure we were first to everything.

I didn't see what happened to allow their player to get in and score as I was too far away. But firstly you wonder if Guzan would have claimed it, and there seemed to be a hell of a lot of pushing and shoving going on. If corners are so easy to score from, why can't we do it?

The players walking back to the centre circle knew what the rest of the ground knew. It was over. If we'd taken 45 minutes to get 1 goal, it was going to be difficult to get at least 2 more without conceding in the last 30. The heads dropped and our shape went.

Lambert rolled the dice by bringing Bent on, who was almost a saboteur. Then as we were desperately trying to get the ball up front quickly, he also brought on Weimann. The worrying part was when Bent came on giving directions of who should go where and no-one understood who was covering where. Delph wasn't sure if he was covering left-back when Bennett came off so there was a massive gap Hines exploited.

We threw everything up top, everyone was getting in each other's way and it was a bit of a melee. We didn't have time to be patient and Bradford got 11 men behind the ball. Given was able to dribble the ball to the halfway line to put it into the box but to no avail. We had a few chances but again we don't have good enough, and we can't afford good enough players to be clinical.

Special mention to Bent at the end who ended up celebrating with the Bradford players while all other Villa players were skulking off. Sell him for anything to get him out of the club.

Given: 5. Wonder if he could have got to the corner? Didn't have a lot else to do.

Lowton: 4. Not at the races

Vlaar: 6. Solid

Clark: 6. Solid

Bennett: 7. Few mistakes but everything good went through him

Delph: 7. Was on a mission. Tidy, committed. How I wish his run and shot would have gone in.

Ireland: 5. The reason no-one was passing to him was because he just wanted the ball to feet without moving. Everyone else is looking to play the ball into space. They don't realise Ireland can play tight, so unless he's in acres of space they don't pass to him. Cue tantrum.

Bannan: 5. Divides opinion. Passes were fine, he was the engine, keeping the ball moving around. Couple of fantastic long passes, but not the quality to channel everything through. This is the position we need a top quality CM.

N'Zogbia: 6. Forced stuff to happen. Still Charles N'Zogbia FC but a bit more composure would have reaped rewards.

Gabby: 5. Tried, but ultimately failed.

Benteke: 5. Was playing the hold-up striker, but doesn't have a great first touch. Well taken goal, but doesn't run or take chances anywhere near enough.

Bent: 0. Please leave. Should have been on the end of a knock-down from Benteke at 94 but couldn't be arsed.

Weimann: 4. Proved why he wasn't picked. Obviously wasn't fit.

Lambert: The only blame I can really lay at his door is that the set pieces still haven't been sorted out. The worst thing tonight was to concede so you make sure everyone knows their job from corners. He has to take the blame for that. I don't attempt to second-guess him looking lost or aloof, or panicked etc., because that means nothing. But defending corners is a basic that should have been fixed by now.

This is a great point, in essence his game suffers in that regard because other players cant do it so by their nature don't put ireland in the position to play from tight when he actually can. Its crazy because the tighter players get the more gaps appear but yet we blame Ireland for this.

Lambert needs to **** off tomorrow and we need to reintegrate Hutton, Warnock and Dunne and shore up this defence.

I mean Hutton I saw again today picking his kids up from school, totally frozen out and doing **** all for £2m a year. It's ridiculous that lambert won't even consider these players who ARE BETTER than the shite Lambert has bought - namely Bennett and Lowton.

Â