• Ireland
    • Delph
    • Bannan
    • N'Zogbia
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent (for Bannan 62)
    • Weimann (for Bennett 70)

The side going to New Street. I particularly enjoyed the women on the other side who was having a go at us. We were getting peltered by snowballs from all angles and she was shouting 'you dont have to copy this lot' as we threw them back

I was going towards Lichfield. The blokes on your side kicking off were amazing.

Just watched the interviews on AVTV and credit to Vlaar he was gutted, just could not speak, so I guess he cares.Bizarrely Lambert was bemoaning us for playing a long ball game in the second half.

Last time I checked you were manager and the players were supposed to do what you wanted. Oh and aren't you the manager who put four out and out strikers on for the last 10 minutes which kind of suggests thats what you wanted.

Final thought I don't agree with the notion that the fans did not play their part in the second half. The players are so mentally fragile that as soon as Bradford scored we were in trouble so whatever the fans did probably would have no effect. Added to that me and most fans in the ground know the script this season when it comes to Villa and we are just so so pissed off with watching complete shite.

Its a bit like watching your ex snog someone else when you still have feelings for them. You are pretty much powerless to do anything about it.

You can smash whoever it is in the mouth :)

The people saying bring back hutton and warnock with that statement prove they are complete imbeciles. They were complete liabilities last season! At least bennett and lowton have time on their side.  Bennett ran with the ball from the halfway line and set up ireland who had strayed offside, and set up the first goal, defensively he was poor, but certainly Warnock wouldn't have been an improvement. Hine would have done Warnock even worse as we all know how he would struggle against pacey wingers. Lowton didn't let a single cross into the box from his flank last night, going forward he was poor as his crossing was terrible last night, but Hutton the guy that fractured shane longs leg last season with a horror (as well as getting sent off for a similar tackle) and seems unable to position himself properly defensively. 

Dunne coming back would improve us yes, but **** the other two!

Sack lambert for who?  Hughes who got sacked from QPR after spending silly money on players like cisse and bosingwa! Adkins who did well for saints but got sacked, Lamberts Norwich did far better last season on less money than adkin at saints.  The reality is there are no better options than Lambert right now.  No top manager wants a club that can't afford to buy experienced players.

Set pieces dreadful but what do you expect? Only 3 six footers in the team, and Vlaar and Clark aren't exactly aerially dominant in the way Dunne and Collins could be, even though set pieces was a problem last season too.  Benteke is a beast in the air but can't mark for shit. So set pieces are going to be a problem until we get a big strong CM and Dunne back in the team. The lack of height was the main reason MON would play Cuellar at RB because he knew we would struggle with aerial balls into the box otherwise.  Mourinho believes a team should ideally have 4 players over six foot in the team in order to defend set pieces effectively. 

Agree with you Philosophical man  :thumb:

It was just so painful last night that I have needed to keep my opinion to myself!

I think Lambert is the right man at the wrong time. The thing that frustrates me is that at the start of the season I had braced myself for some short term pain from Villa while we tried to sort out the long term plan, but I didn't expect us to be quite so poor.

Still, credit to Bradford and Phil Parkinson. They must have slightly tweaked things at half time to negate what we had done in the first half. It can't all be Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa's fault!

Personally the way Braford have behaved since the first leg feel like its rubbing our noses in it. I hope they get well and truely hammered! If we could defend bloody set piece we would have gone through comfortabley.  I'm not bitter, honest!  

Having said that when I came on here after the draw for the semi, and saw all the' hope we get swansea in the final' and 'booked wembley travelodge room' talk I just knew somehow we would lose the tie!

Â