• Ireland
    • Delph
    • Bannan
    • N'Zogbia
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent (for Bannan 62)
    • Weimann (for Bennett 70)

Everything was looking good until the usual set-piece goal being given away.

After that we were completely useless- no control, shape, confidence or ability.

The lack of composure in a difficult situation from both manager (who changed the formation to a completely ineffective one) and players can only be massively worrying with a relegation battle ahead....

Edit : Congrats to Bradford.

Edited by BangkokVilla

Sacking the manager isn't the answer.

We beat Man City and Norwich on the way to this game. Our best players are all Lambert's signings (IMO) and he needs to be given until the end of the season.

Defending set pieces is obviously a massive worry as we are shit at it, but, has anyone mentioned Given tonight? I have only seen the goal a couple of times but would Guzan have come and claimed that corner? Why choose a keeper who cannot command his box over an excellent one who does?

Strange decision that.

All in all, gutted. Newcastle is a huge match, I just hope we have what it takes to beat them after tonight's blow on confidence.

A big strong defensive midfielder is needed desperately in this window, I honestly believe it could be the difference between 17th and 18th.

Sacking the manager isn't the answer.

Gutted.

• Like 1

Why stop at the manager. Sack all the xunting players. Failures to the core. **** football **** villa and **** everyone from randy to the tea lady. you can all drop dead for all i care. lowest point in aeons. This team are a **** tragedy from beginning to end. Fuckk off and die the lot of them. **** being so angry i type such unpleasant shit as this. I hate feeling this way. What **** bad karma did we commit to deserve this wank? **** you lerner. **** you paul. **** the players. Labotomised semi functioning half aborted foetus'. **** everything about tonight. **** this post. **** me.

Pretty much nailed it mate :(

Why did Lambert take Bennett off? He was one of our better players I thought, Lambert has to go, along with 80% of the squad.

As I said the other day, you won't be seeing me down VP again untill both the chairman (board) and clueless manager have left.

Why stop at the manager. Sack all the xunting players. Failures to the core. **** football **** villa and **** everyone from randy to the tea lady. you can all drop dead for all i care. lowest point in aeons. This team are a **** tragedy from beginning to end. Fuckk off and die the lot of them. **** being so angry i type such unpleasant shit as this. I hate feeling this way. What **** bad karma did we commit to deserve this wank? **** you lerner. **** you paul. **** the players. Labotomised semi functioning half aborted foetus'. **** everything about tonight. **** this post. **** me.

that post is the best thing about this miserable night.

on another day i may have even chuckled, but not today.

Who the **** is voting for Bennett as MOTM!!!???

He is the worst left back we've ever had

'Lol'

Set up the goal, put in another cross that was a tap in if anyone had moved, made excellent runs... He still made a lot of mistakes and played badly, but that's a given for any player who played; we got outplayed by a League Two side but there's still a poll. Nobody had a good 90 minutes.

I fully expect a thrashing at Millwall. I also expect leaks to the press about clubhouse dissension and finger pointing, etc. The press will link Benteke with Arsenal to further disrupt the team...Relegation, here we come.

Was Randy there?

Also, I only listened to the second half, but I've just read that Ireland was playing! I honestly don't think he was mentioned by 5 live once in the second half.

As someone earlier said, to be fair, full backs apart, most of our best players are Lambert signings.

A truly shambolic display. Ok, we dominated the first half. But, we didn't create too many chances. We got the 1-0 lead, but you kind of expected us to concede. But, the 2nd half performance was beyond embarassing. Absolute clueless tactics 2nd half and Lambert clearly has to take the blame. Absolutely no ideas, no width, no passion and literally no plan whatsoever. Just hoof it up and hope for the best. Horrendous.

Good luck Bradford. You deserve it.

I expect Lambert to be gone in the morning. I still think he's a decent manager but he's pretty much **** here at Villa ow. Nigel Adkins awaits. On-wards and upwards.

He'll sink or swim on the Newcastle result.

Gabby is an absolute joke, no interest at all, didnt get out wide, didnt look for it in the middle, never came out after half time,

Vlaar - **** off you are an absolute pussy, awkward and afraid of your shadow,

Clark as bad, how do we have a squad full of defenders who cant defend...

Delph cant tackle, terrible

Zoggy all flair and no end product

Ireland the only player with composure in the second half, has to start next game, movement in front of him and delph was shocking

Weimann pops up with a goal as usual, fair play

Does lambert have any control over the players??? If so, his tactics in the second half were pathetic either that or they just ignore him

Edited by Gentingthereslowly

Â