• Delph
    • Bannan
    • N'Zogbia
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent (for Bannan 62)
    • Weimann (for Bennett 70)

Was Randy there?

Also, I only listened to the second half, but I've just read that Ireland was playing! I honestly don't think he was mentioned by 5 live once in the second half.

As someone earlier said, to be fair, full backs apart, most of our best players are Lambert signings.

Ireland was my MOTM, actually. Which isn't saying much.

When we lost the League Cup final against United in 2010, I believe that was the start of our decline in becoming a bottom 3 Premier League team. I really hope going out to a 4th tier team in the same competition almost 3 years later doesn't mark the start of us getting relegated and becoming trapped in the Championship.

In my mind, this season is a total write-off unless we invest in players before the transfer window is slammed shut. I fear that any confidence we had earlier in the season will not be returning now, after this awful defeat.

Set up the goal, put in another cross that was a tap in if anyone had moved, made excellent runs... He still made a lot of mistakes and played badly, but that's a given for any player who played; we got outplayed by a League Two side but there's still a poll. Nobody had a good 90 minutes.

also conceded the corner needlessly that lead to their goal

caught in possession more times than anyone else on the pitch

the lad it defensively inept

Lambert should at the very leave offer his resignation after this

In the first half we performed at times the best we have all season, i've never seen the players so up for it. Then the goal happened and we just fade away and die.

The way we played with no shape and so many forwards was exactly how we played under McCleish only the defence was shit but not as shit as now.

Bennett may have **** up for the corner but only he and Delph really tried to make things happen, although in the second half no-one stepped up to lead or direct play.

Did anyone notice how for the first 20 mins no-one wanted to pass to Ireland, obviously you can see why after the performance but i def got a vibe that the other players don't like him!

When we lost the League Cup final against United in 2010, I believe that was the start of our decline in becoming a bottom 3 Premier League team. I really hope going out to a 4th tier team in the same competition almost 3 years later doesn't mark the start of us getting relegated and becoming trapped in the Championship.

In my mind, this season is a total write-off unless we invest in players before the transfer window is slammed shut. I fear that any confidence we had earlier in the season will not be returning now, after this awful defeat.

unfortunately i cant see us bringing anyone with any experience in not to mention any quality

but after all what half decent player would want to join us right now?

At the start of the game I always thought we would need 4 goals, I coudn't see us keeping a clean sheet.

The first half, we played very well, kept possession and created chances, and limited Bradford to very little.

We needed to continue the second half in the same way, keep the pressure and take chances.

When Bradfords goal came, the subs were a gamble, but probably one we had to take. we had already had an hour and only scored one, we needed another 3, so I think Lambert had to gamble.

The gamble didn't pay off. There was too much of a mountain to climb from the first leg (with a dodgy defence).

Well done Bradford, good luck for the final.

As someone earlier said, to be fair, full backs apart, most of our best players are Lambert signings.

Based on what and why exclude the fullbacks? Vlaar had a bad game, lost his man for the equaliser and Benteke had his share of the blame for that same moment. Benteke was good first half, but so were Zog, Ireland and Gabby - even Delph who I think is utter garbage had some flashes. Benteke is essentially a 60 minute player and beyond that point you're only going to find him from long balls and corners. Lowton had a shocking game. This is not a case of 'Lambert influence = good; Villa deadwood = bad'. Lamber personally totally **** it up tonight and it's just an extension of the same pattern that's been there for most of the season, except writ large against League Two opposition.

Edited by Laivasse

Who the **** is voting for Bennett as MOTM!!!???
Set up the goal, put in another cross that was a tap in if anyone had moved, made excellent runs... He still made a lot of mistakes and played badly, but that's a given for any player who played; we got outplayed by a League Two side but there's still a poll. Nobody had a good 90 minutes.

He set up their goal when beaten as favourite to a ball on his flank, which led to the corner. Considering that was the goal that put us out, I'd say he's a bit short of MOTM territory. Sure, he did some good things, too. Charles N'Zogbia did not play badly and therefore got my vote. The fact he made no notable mistakes, that his contributions apart from a crude challenge were positive, distinguishes him from Joe Bennett when it comes to the aforementioned insignificant poll.

unfortunately i cant see us bringing anyone with any experience in not to mention any quality

but after all what half decent player would want to join us right now?

Lambert will just say 'we go again.'

'we've no signings planned as Randy and I wouldn't want to in anyway encourage the potential for team/squad improvements'

At the start of the game I always thought we would need 4 goals, I coudn't see us keeping a clean sheet.

The first half, we played very well, kept possession and created chances, and limited Bradford to very little.

We needed to continue the second half in the same way, keep the pressure and take chances.

When Bradfords goal came, the subs were a gamble, but probably one we had to take. we had already had an hour and only scored one, we needed another 3, so I think Lambert had to gamble.

The gamble didn't pay off. There was too much of a mountain to climb from the first leg (with a dodgy defence).

Well done Bradford, good luck for the final.

Agree with this but what on earth is going on with our defending. It's not new, the fact that most villa fans expected Bradford to score from a set piece is embarrassing!

Â