Worst Squad for a Generation?

Genie

Ok, I'm 31 and I'm struggling to think of a worse squad of players in my time as a Villa fan? Am I wrong?

This is what we went in to battle with today. Barely a familiar name in there to neutral fans.

squady.jpg

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

interesting though, of that 18 players today, how much has been spent on them, for those that have been bought of course, because to look at what randy has spent so far to what he has spent on that 18 today, its a huge difference, hes probably wondering where the rest of the money has gone, like we are

Yes, without a doubt, makes it more annoying we have this month to buy quality in but looks like either we have no money or not looking to buy decent players instead of championship and league 1 players...

I'm 29 and was thinking the exact same thing. Had a season ticket since 11 and at no point have I ever thought we'd be relegated, including the last two seasons. This season I can see no way out. There is nothing in this squad that makes we think we have any chance of have of staying in this this league. I don't even blame the players and can't fault their effort but they are just not experienced enough to handle this sort of pressure. I've always stuck up for Lerner, maybe blindly due to the previous owner, but he has tried to cut too much to soon leaving us with a squad unable of coping in the top division of English football. It's a sad day for me as the realisation has now set in that we're probably going down, something I had never previously contemplated. Or maybe I'm just being melodramatic and it'll all be fine.

• Like 1

I'm 29 and was thinking the exact same thing. Had a season ticket since 11 and at no point have I ever thought we'd be relegated, including the last two seasons. This season I can see no way out. There is nothing in this squad that makes we think we have any chance of have of staying in this this league. I don't even blame the players and can't fault their effort but they are just not experienced enough to handle this sort of pressure. I've always stuck up for Lerner, maybe blindly due to the previous owner, but he has tried to cut too much to soon leaving us with a squad unable of coping in the top division of English football. It's a sad day for me as the realisation has now set in that we're probably going down, something I had never previously contemplated. Or maybe I'm just being melodramatic and it'll all be fine.

I've never really thought we would go down either - even under Venglos, Oleary or Mcleish.

There was still a bit of quality / grit / experience in those teams.

Nowadays, not to put to finer point on it, we are ****.

There's not been a stickier situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

We're going down in my opinion. Easily.

It's sad that I was introduced to Villa with players in the squad such as Southgate, Ugo, Yorke, Johnson, Joachim, Taylor, Townsend, Bosnich etc. and now look at it.

Easily the worst I have seen, my old man is struggling to think of a worse squad and he has been going down since 1960.

• Like 1

theres been times in the past that even on paper the team looked good, even though it wasnt in reality, but this is the first time ever that the team doesnt look good either on paper or in reality

Â